Conejo Players' TWELVE ANGRY MEN Auditions, 1/23-1/25
Auditions for the Conejo Players' production of Reginald Rose and Sherman Sergel's Twelve Angry Men will begin on Sunday, January 23 and continue through Tuesday, January 25 at 7:30 pm each night. The production will be directed by Deidre Parmenter and produced by Heather Lease & Mike Moffat.
In this classic tale, twelve jurors grapple with the fate of a 19-year-old man who has just stood trial for the fatal stabbing of his father. Determination of a verdict should not be personal, but as the action unfolds and characters reveal themselves, the audience sees that the men are, indeed, influenced by their own experiences and prejudices.
Auditions will be held at Conejo Players Theatre, 351 South Moorpark Road, Thousand Oaks, CA 91361-1008. The Conejo Players will perform Twelve Angry Men for four weeks beginning April 22 and ending May 14. Thursday, Friday and Saturday performances will be at 8:00 pm, and Sunday performances will be at 2:00 pm.
- Please bring a resume (pictures will be taken at auditions, no headshots necessary) and a list of all potential conflicts including travel, etc.
- Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script.
- This production will cast all male jurors.
- No appointment necessary. These are Open Call Auditions.
- There is NO PAY.
- Please note, the show may run without an intermission and all actors (with the exception of the guard) will be on stage throughout the entire performance. Generally, all actors will be called for every rehearsal.
All jurors are male. Unless specified, age ranges are open, but play over the age of 25.
- Foreman - A petty man who is impressed with the authority of being Foreman. Handles himself formally. Not particularly bright, but dogged.
- Juror #2 - A meek and hesitant man who is easily swayed. He usually adopts the opinion of the last person he has spoken with.
- Juror #3 - A very strong, forceful and extremely opinionated man. He is humorless and intolerant of opinions that differ from his own. He is accustomed to forcing his wishes and views on others.
- Juror #4 - A refined man and a practiced speaker. Seems to be a man of wealth and position. He feels a bit above the others. He is concerned with the facts in the case and is appalled at the behavior of the other jurors.
- Juror #5 - (plays 18 - 25) He is naïve and frightened. He takes his obligations in the case seriously but has difficulty speaking up when his elders have the floor.
- Juror #6 - An honest, but dull-witted man who comes upon his decisions slowly and carefully. He finds it difficult to create positive opinions, but listens to, digests and accepts others' opinions which appeal to him the most.
- Juror #7 - A loud, flashy, salesman type who has more important things to do than sit on a jury. He is quick to show temper and quick to form opinions - even when he knows nothing about the situation. He is a bully and a coward.
- Juror #8 - A quiet, thoughtful, gentle man who sees all sides of every question and constantly seeks the truth. He is a man of strength tempered with compassion. He is a man who wants justice to be done and will fight to see that it is.
- Juror #9 - (plays 65 or older) A mild, gentle old man, long since defeated by life and now merely waiting to die. He recognizes himself for what he is, and mourns the days when it would have been possible to be courageous.
- Juror #10 - An angry, bitter man - a man who antagonizes almost at sight. He is also a bigot who places no values on any human life save his own. He is a man who has been nowhere, is going nowhere, and knows it deep inside.
- Juror # 11 - A refugee from Europe. He speaks with an accent and is ashamed, humble, almost subservient. He will honestly seek justice because he has suffered through so much injustice. (Accent can be slight. No need for accent at auditions).
- Juror #12 - A slick, bright advertising man who thinks of humans in terms of percentages, graphs, and polls and has no real understanding of people. He is a superficial snob, but is trying to be a good guy.
- Guard - A bit part. Is likely to be combined with the Stage Manager. May not be cast from auditions.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
Please contact Deidre Parmenter at email@example.com.
Twelve Angry Men is produced by special arrangement with Dramatic Publishing.