STG Announces Upcoming Events: Seth Meyers and More
Seth Meyers returns for his tenth season on "Saturday Night Live," his fifth season as head writer, and his fifth season as anchor of "Weekend Update." Before focusing his attention solely on "Update," Meyers was a regular player in sketches, performing numerous characters and impressions, most notably, an uncanny portrayal of Senator John Kerry for the show's satire of the 2004 Presidential election. A graduate of Northwestern University, he studied and performed at ImprovOlympic (where many SNL cast members and writers got their start) before moving on to the Boom Chicago Theater in Amsterdam, Holland. His acclaimed show "Pick-ups and Hiccups" with partner Jill Benjamin toured Europe and eventually caught the eye of "SNL." Most recently, Meyers hosted the 2010 ESPY Awards on ESPN. Meyers currently resides in New York. His birthday is December 28.
Venue: The Moore (All Ages / Bar w/ ID)
In a career first, iconic and Grammy-winning rock band YES will perform three of their classic albums in their entirety, all in one concert: 1971's THE YES ALBUM, 1972's Close to The Edge, and 1977's Going For The One. Yes are an English rock band who achieved worldwide success with their progressive, art, and symphonic style of rock music. Regarded as one of the pioneers of the progressive genre, Yes are known for their lengthy songs, mystical lyrics, elaborate album art, and live stage sets. No fewer than 18 musicians have been a part of the band's line-up, with its current form comprising singer Jon Davison, bassist Chris Squire, guitarist Steve Howe, drummer Alan White, and keyboardist Geoff Downes.
- Hottest Articles on BWW from Thursday, Dec. 12
- The Fulton to Offer First-Ever Chicago Theatre Tour; Registration Deadline 1/8
- Pilobolus to Return to Houston 1/10; Program Features Collaborative Work with Penn & Teller
- Photo Flash: First Glance at Lookingglass Theatre's THE LITTLE PRINCE
- Photo Flash: TheatreWorks' LITTLE WOMEN Opens in a Flurry
- Chicago Playworks for Families and Young Audiences Presents NUMBER THE STARS Based on Lois Lowry's Newbery Award-winning Novel January 18 - February 22, 2014
- Plano Children's Theatre Adds Four Performances Each of SCROOGE and WILLY WONKA
- Hell in a Handbag Productions Adds Four Performances of CHRISTMAS DEAREST, 1/3-5
- Surfside Players to Stage CHRISTMAS CAROLERS, 12/20-22
- HISPA Role Model Program Inspires Students to Attend College