Vineyard Theatre Takes the UK By Storm with Four Shows This Fall
Off-Broadway's Vineyard Theatre -- where the hit comedy musical Avenue Q got its start -- is expanding its presence in London this summer and fall, according to an article by WhatsOnStage.
[title of show] began last week on August 13 at the Landor Theatre, The Lyons will be playing the Menier Chocolate Factory in September, The Scottsboro Boys will be opening in October at the Young Vic, and A Boy and His Soul -- a solo show by Colman Domingo -- is set to make its UK debut at the Tricycle Theatre in September.
"We're so thrilled to see these four Vineyard works arrive in London this summer and fall," artistic director Douglas Aibel told WhatsOnStage. They "have each been such a meaningful part of The Vineyard's legacy. It's a source of great pride for us that London audiences will get to discover them."
Read the original report here.
The Vinyard will kick off its 2013-14 season in New York with the world premiere of The Landing on October 3. The musical features music by John Kander, book and lyrics by Greg Pierce and is directed by Walter Bobbie, starring Julia Murney, David Hyde Pierce, Frankie Seratch and Paul Anthony Stewart. Victor Lodato and Polly Pen's Arlington comes next in February-March 2014, followed by Nicky Silver's Too Much Sun in May-June 2014.
The Vineyard Theatre has been one of the nation's leading non-profit theatre companies for over 30 years. Dedicated to the creation and production of daring new plays and musicals, The Vineyard has consistently premiered provocative, groundbreaking works, including Nicky Silver's THE LYONS; Marx, Lopez and Whitty's Tony Award-winning musical AVENUE Q; Kander and Ebb's THE SCOTTSBORO BOYS; Bell and Bowen's [title of show]; Paula Vogel's HOW I LEARNED TO DRIVE (1998 Pulitzer Prize), Edward Albee's THREE TALL WOMEN (1994 Pulitzer Prize); Tarell Alvin McCraney's WIG OUT!; Will Eno's MIDDLETOWN; and many more. The Vineyard's productions have been honored with two Pulitzer Prizes, three Tony Awards, and numerous Drama Desk, OBIES, Outer Critics Circle and Lucille Lortel Awards.
- Atlanta Lyric Theatre to Stage SOPHISTICATED LADIES, 1/3-19
- Katie Rubin's WHY I DIED, A COMEDY Extends at Atwater Village Theatre thru Feb 27
- Alex Prager's FACE IN THE CROWD Exhibition to Open 1/9 at Lehmann Maupin
- Tarragon Receives More Than $100K From Ontario Trillium Foundation
- CHRISTMAS BELLES to Open 12/13 at Runway Theatre
- Dr. Joy DeGruy to Speak on 'Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome' at African Burial Ground National Monument, 12/14
- Andrea Chapin to Interview Mercedes Ruehl for Next 'Oral History' at NYPL, 1/13
- Canadian Rep to Present English Debut of PACAMAMBO, Jan 21-Feb 2
- Three One-Acts Set for Surfside Players in THE UNEXPECTED, 12/12-15
- Ravi Batista to Star in Soul Theatre's BLASTED FOOL, 12/19-1/5