Old Library Theatre Invites Submissions for a New Logo
Fair Lawn Recreation Department's resident theatre company, Old Library Theatre, invites submissions for its new logo design. Contest details and rules are as follows:
The object of this contest is to design a new logo for the theatre company, to kick off its 45th season. Information on how to enter and about the prizes is part of these Official Rules.
1. The Contest is open only to individuals. The Contest is not open to companies, educational institutions, organizations, etc. or to groups associated with such institutions.
2. Board members of Old Library Theatre are not eligible to enter the Contest.
3. Entrants must be of sufficient legal age and standing to enter into a contract with OLT as required below.
How to Enter--
1. Initial entries must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The entries must be submitted as a JPG. See the Submission Guidelines below for further information.
2. The email must include the name, age, postal address, phone number and email address of the Entrant.
3. No more than 3 Entries may be submitted by any one Entrant.
4. Entries must conform to the Submission Guidelines set out below. Entries which fail to do so will be rejected.
5. The deadline for Entries is midnight on December 1, 2012, EST.
6. We will attempt to acknowledge all entries within one week of receipt; however, we cannot be responsible for entries or responses lost in e-mail.
7. There is no fee to enter the Contest.
The purpose of the contest is to design a new logo for Old Library Theatre to kick off its 45th season. The logo will be used online, in print, and in any other capacity determined by the Board of OLT. Flexibility is a key requirement, including the need to resize easily and to look good in black and white as well as color. The final version of the logo will need to be suitable for high quality printing.
The logo must contain the theatre company's name, either as "Old Library Theatre" or "OLT." The limit on attachment sizes for our email is 5Mb.
The winning designer will receive:
1. A pair of complimentary tickets to each of OLT's three major 2013 productions, to be used on any performance date for each of the winner's choosing.
2. The right to use the basic logo and identify him/herself as the logo designer.
Judging and Selection of Winner--
1. The winning design will be selected by secret ballot of the voting membership at OLT's general meeting on December 11, 2012. In the event of a tie, the Board of OLT will select one winner.
2. The Board of OLT reserves the right not to select a winner if, in its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received.
3. The Board of OLT reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant or Entry at its sole discretion. No correspondence shall be entered into.
4. The winner will be required to sign a contract assigning all ownership of the logo to OLT.
5. Accepting the prize constitutes permission for OLT to make public and otherwise use winner's name, and country of residence for publicity purposes. Further personal data may be requested but is not required.
1. All submitted work must be original and not based on any pre-existing design.
2. All Entries will become the sole property of OLT and may be displayed publicly on OLT web sites.
- For additional information about Old Library Theatre, please visit oldlibrarytheatre.net/.