UWM Peck School of the Arts Celebrates 30 Years of Youth Music Programs, 5/10-11
The 2011-12 season represents the 30th Anniversary of the Youth Wind Ensembles (UWAY, formerly
|John Mackey, guest composer|
known as the Greater Milwaukee Youth Wind Ensembles, "GMYWE") and the 20th Anniversary of the Youth Jazz Ensembles (UJAY). The celebration includes a residency and the premiere of a new composition by award-winning composer John Mackey, as well as a reception honoring Mackey and Professor Emeritus Thomas Dvorak. During the May 10 concert, UWM faculty pianist Elena Abend will perform George Gershwin's masterwork Rhapsody in Blue with the Wind Ensemble.
- Thursday, May 10 - 7:30pm UWM Wind Ensemble & Symphony Band Concert
- Friday, May 11 - 7:30pm UWM Youth Music Program Concert (Jazz, Wind Ensembles, and Chamber Winds)
- Friday, May 11 - 9:30pm Reception honoring John Mackey and Professor Emeritus Thomas
TICKET PACKAGE PRICES:
Proceeds to benefit the Professor Thomas L. Dvorak Scholarship Fund. UWAY/UJAY students admitted for free.
- May 11 Concert and Reception: $35
- May 10 & 11 Concerts and Reception: $50
- Single concert tickets: $12 general/$10 seniors, UWM faculty and staff/$8 non-UWM students/FREE for UWM students and all school band students and directors with a school ID.
Single tickets and tickets packages can be purchased by calling the Peck School of the Arts Box Office at 414-229-4308 or by purchasing them in person. Box office hours are Tuesday - Friday, 10 am - 5 pm and prior to performances. Single tickets can also be purchased online at arts.uwm.edu/tickets.