Announcing An Open Call and Hosts for PULSE PLAY
PULSE Contemporary Art Fair is thrilled to announce an open call for submissions for PLAY at Miami Beach 2017. PLAY is PULSE's dedicated showcase for video and new media, serving as a platform at the fair to encourage discovery within the digital realm. Jasmine Wahi and Rebecca Pauline Jampol, Co-Founders and Directors of Project For Empty Space, will return as this year's curators. In October, Wahi and Jampol will host a month-long collaborative exhibition at Project for Empty Space showcasing the 2017 PLAY selections. This exhibition underscores PULSE's longstanding commitment to exploration both inside and beyond the fair setting, and creates an additional platform from which the selected works can be viewed.
- the ability to do something or act in a particular way, especially as a faculty or quality.
- the capacity or ability to direct or influence the behavior of others or the course of events.
- physical strength and force exerted by something or someone.
- energy that is produced by mechanical, electrical, or other means and used to operate a device
- (mathematics) the number of times a certain number is to be multiplied by itself
- (a device) with mechanical or electrical energy.
- move or travel with great speed or force.
Submissions for PLAY are now being accepted through Submittable. All submissions must include one video or new media piece running no longer than 15 minutes. Submissions should also include the artist's bio and/or CV, an artwork statement, a supporting still of the submitted work, and the $50 application fee. All entries are due by August 2, 2017 and final selections will be announced in September. Selections will be shown onsite for the duration of PULSE Miami Beach 2017, in an exhibition in October at Project For Empty Space, and will enjoy additional promotion through PULSE's website and social media.
Read more about Wahi, Jampol and PLAY on the PULSE website and submit your work here.