Tickets to WICKED's Run at Orpheum Theatre on Sale 11/29
After breaking box office records and selling out in record time in 2009 and 2010, WICKED, Broadway's biggest blockbuster, will return to Memphis' Orpheum Theatre January 29 through February 16. Tickets for the return engagement go on sale Friday, November 29 at 10:00 AM.
With music and lyrics by Stephen Schwartz (Pippin, Godspell, Academy Award-winner for Pocahontas and The Prince of Egypt) and book by Winnie Holzman ("My So Called Life," "Once And Again" and "thirtysomething"), WICKED, the untold story of the witches of Oz, is directed by two-time Tony Award winner Joe Mantello (Take Me Out, Love! Valour! Compassion!, The Vagina Monologues) and features musical staging by Tony Award winner Wayne Cilento (Aida, The Who's Tommy, How To Succeed...).
Based on the best-selling 1995 novel by Gregory Maguire, WICKED, winner of 50 major awards, including a Grammy and three Tony Awards, is the untold story of the witches of Oz. It is produced by Marc Platt, Universal Pictures, The Araca Group, Jon B. Platt and David Stone.
Tickets will be available for purchase online at the official Orpheum Theatre website, www.orpheum-memphis.com, The Orpheum Box Office (901.525.3000), the ticket counter at The Booksellers at Laurelwood, and all Ticketmaster centers (901.743.ARTS).
WICKED plays at the Orpheum Theatre January 29 - February 30, 2014:
- Wednesday, January 29, 2014 7:30 PM
- Thursday, January 30, 2014 2:00 PM
- Thursday, January 30, 2014 7:30 PM
- Friday, January 31, 2014 8:00 PM
- Saturday, February 1, 2014 2:00 PM
- Saturday, February 1, 2014 8:00 PM
- Sunday, February 2, 2014 1:30 PM
- Sunday, February 2, 2014 7:00 PM
- Tuesday, February 4, 2014 7:30 PM
- Wednesday, February 5, 2014 7:30 PM
- Thursday, February 6, 2014 7:30 PM
- Friday, February 7, 2014 8:00 PM
- Saturday, February 8, 2014 2:00 PM
- Saturday, February 8, 2014 8:00 PM
- Sunday, February 9, 2014 1:30 PM
- Sunday, February 9, 2014 7:00 PM
- Tuesday, February 11, 2014 7:30 PM
- Wednesday, February 12, 2014 7:30 PM
- Thursday, February 13, 2014 7:30 PM
- Friday, February 14, 2014 8:00 PM
- Saturday, February 15, 2014 2:00 PM
- Saturday, February 15, 2014 8:00 PM
- Sunday, February 16, 2014 1:30 PM
- Sunday, February 16, 2014 7:00 PM
"We are thrilled to welcome WICKED back to the Orpheum as the show celebrates 10 years of success," says Orpheum President and CEO Pat Halloran. "Our patrons are completely captivated by this spectacular production, and we look forward to another record-breaking run as Memphians prove once again how much they love the ladies of Oz."
Long before Dorothy drops in, two other girls meet in the Land of Oz. One - born with emerald-green skin - is smart, fiery and misunderstood. The other is beautiful, ambitious and very popular. WICKED tells the story of their remarkable odyssey, and how these two unlikely friends grow to become the Wicked Witch of the West and Glinda the Good.
As WICKED reached its 10th Anniversary this October 30th, there are currently nine productions of the musical worldwide: New York, London, Japan (Tokyo), Australia/New Zealand (Auckland), South Korea (Seoul), Latin America (Mexico City), a U.K. Tour, and two concurrent North American National Tours. Broadway's #1 show for an unprecedented nine consecutive years, WICKED has been declared "A Cultural Phenomenon" by Variety and "The Best Musical of the Decade" by Entertainment Weekly.
WICKED features set design by Tony Award winner Eugene Lee (Ragtime, Show Boat, Candide, Sweeney Todd), costume design by Tony winner Susan Hilferty (Into the Woods, Assassins), lighting design by Tony nominee Kenneth Posner (The Coast of Utopia, Hairspray) and sound design by Tony Meola (The Lion King). Stephen Oremus is the show's musical director. Orchestrations are by William David Brohn, with dance arrangements by James Lynn Abbott.