Comscore

END OF THE RAINBOW

PETAL6
Swing
Swing
END OF THE RAINBOW
Posted: 3/12/13 at 07:13pm
EOTR hits LA on 12th March, with the Stunning Tracie Bennett as 'Judy Garland'. Miss Bennett revives her recent Broadway & UK success telling the story of the last days in the Life of Judy Garland. Not To Be Missed......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RLVbZz3zOOc

Updated On: 3/12/13 at 07:13 PM
AudienceMember85 Profile PhotoAudienceMember85 Profile Photo
AudienceMember85
Swing
Swing
END OF THE RAINBOW
Posted: 3/12/13 at 07:46pm
Saw that show in London. Thought it was very good. I heard they may be making a film version? - I look forward to seeing that
Huey's Pop Profile PhotoHuey's Pop Profile Photo
Huey's Pop
Stand-by
Stand-by
END OF THE RAINBOW
Posted: 3/17/13 at 04:33pm
I saw it last night at the Ahmanson. Can't get it out of my mind. Tremendous show, so well done. Rush to see this.
GavestonPS Profile PhotoGavestonPS Profile Photo
GavestonPS
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
END OF THE RAINBOW
Posted: 4/14/13 at 10:12pm
Mediocre play, but DAMN!, what a performance!

(Michael Cumpsty is also very good, as is the stage band.)

Alas, it seemed to me that every time the play got near an interesting subject, it interrupted itself with a great musical number. (The exception of course is the Judy-on-ritalin number which does follow logically from the preceding scene.)

Which was too bad (not the great numbers, but the lack of follow-through in the scenes). There is an interest play to be written about what it is like to be THAT big a star and THAT big a talent, and to live one's life as tabloid fodder. END OF THE RAINBOW does not have the skill to explore such complex topics.

ALL THAT BEING SAID, I was greatly relieved to discover the entire evening IS NOT "Judy as on-stage train wreck"! Except for the one number which is supposed to show us what a stoned Garland was like on stage, Tracie Bennett sings Garland very, very well!

I am so grateful to the friends who absolutely insisted I see it!

Save $$$ on Tickets to:
🔀LOS ANGELES SHOWS
Recorded In Hollywood - The Musical in Los AngelesRecorded In Hollywood - The Musical
(Runs 4/11 - 5/17) PHOTOS VIDEOS CAST
The Addams Family
(Runs 4/22 - 4/23)
Grease
(Runs 4/19 - 4/24)
All Shook Up
(Runs 4/24 - 4/25)
Footloose
(Runs 4/23 - 4/25)
Grease
(Runs 4/21 - 4/25)
Monty Python's Spamalot