OC-centric Festival Seeks New Plays
Are you a playwright living in Orange County, CA? We invite you to submit your play to OC-centric: Orange County's New Play Festival, which will take place in August at Chapman University in Orange.
Now in its fourth year, OC-centric presents fully staged productions of new plays from OC dramatists, featuring "a roster of fine acting talent assembled from the county's storefront theater scene" (OC WEEKLY), actors and directors from the greater Los Angeles area, and Chapman University students.
OC-centric has been hailed by the OC WEEKLY as "a welcome sight...in an era when theater is marginalized at best, ignored at worst," and The Dramatist terms it "a major theatrical event for local playwrights." In the past two years, we have produced new full-lengths from Megan Breen, Abbe Levine, and Julie Tosh and one-acts from other up-and-coming playwrights.
We are considering both full-length and one-act plays for 2014; we will likely produce 2 full-lengths and 2-3 one-acts. Last year, each selected play received four performances during the festival.
Script submission details
* Submit scripts via email to email@example.com in PDF or MS Word format.
* Submissions accepted through Monday, February 3. Submissions after February 3 will not be considered.
* No submission fee.
* Playwrights will receive a small honorarium/royalty.
* No restrictions on language or subject matter, but no nudity.
* Sorry, no musicals.
* Plays should have casts of 12 or less and be producible in a black box theatre space with playing area of approximately 20' x 25'.
* Most of the characters in your play should be age 20-35, as Chapman University students will be playing some (and perhaps all) of the roles involved.
* Playwrights may submit 1 full-length play and/or 1 one-act play.
? Full-lengths = plays that run 60 minutes or longer.
? One-acts = plays that run 15-45 minutes.
* The playwright's name and contact information must appear on the title page of the script(s).
* Your primary residence must be within the borders of Orange County, CA.
Any questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about the 2013 edition of OC-centric is at our website ... occentric.weebly.com
We look forward to reading your work!
Prof. Tamiko Washington (Chapman University), Artistic Director
Eric Eberwein, (Director, Orange County Playwrights Alliance), Artistic Associate