Exclusive Photo Flash: glory|struck's SPRING AWAKENING- the 'Love Is Louder' Portfolio
glory|struck has just released their exclusive LOVE IS LOUDER photo porfolio for their upcoming production of the Tony Award winning SPRING AWAKENING at Downtown Los Angeles' Hayworth Theatre. BroadwayWorld brings you a first look at the cast below!
Through a new and exciting rock-concert format, SPRING AWAKENING will raise the volume of awareness for the LOVE IS LOUDER movement. The producers note "the music, just like the LOVE IS LOUDER campaign, speaks volumes about young people. And through that connection we are able to sustain our community: a community of creativity, a community of collaboration, and a community of activism."
Based on the controversial 1892 play by Frank Wedekind, SPRING AWAKENING recalls the coming of age, and discovery of sexuality among youth in 19th Century Germany. The piece tackles issues of teen suicide, pregnancy, sexuality and identity. These topics are still incredibly relevant to youth today.
LOVE IS LOUDER was started by The Jed Foundation, MTV and actress Brittany Snow to support anyone feeling mistreated, misunderstood or alone. Online and in communities around the world, the movement is raising the volume around a critical message -- that love and support is more powerful than the external and internal voices that bring us down, cause us pain and make us feel hopeless.
Kelley Jakle, who will make her feature film debut with the upcoming movie "Pitch Perfect" and has been seen on NBC's "The Sing-Off," will lend her voice to the character of Wendla. Featured vocalists will also include Nathan Parrett ("The Voice"), Payson Lewis ("The Sing-Off"), independent recording artists Olivia Noelle and Anthony Starble, Caitlin Ary, Jonah Platt, Topher Rhys, Jamie Lee Barnard, Jilli Marine and Michael Christopher Luebke. Paul T. Brindley and Alissa-Nicole Koblentz will play the adult authority figures.
This rock-infused presentation, helmed by director Kate Sullivan Gibbens, with musical direction by Michael Christopher Luebke, is a theatre-concert hybrid that focuses sharply on music and its story, recalling the energy of an East Village music bar as opposed to a traditional "uptown" venue. Audiences will be left with art in its purist, most unadulterated form: the music, the dialogue, and the message.
The concert is produced for glory|struck by Topher Rhys, Jamie Lee Barnard, and Nathan Gardner. glory|struck was founded to create art that aligns poignant narratives with relevant social issues to inspire collective action.
SPRING AWAKENING will be offered in six performances from July 20-29, 2012. Pre-sale tickets go on sale June 18th through www.springawakeninginconcert.com Public sale tickets will be released on June 28th. More information is available at https://www.facebook.com/springawakeninginconcert
- Glow Holdings Inc. Announces Binding Letter of Intent to Acquire Cedar River Foods LLC and Announces New Chief Executive Officer
- NetSuite Selects SolarWinds for Global, End-to-End IT Infrastructure Management
- HP Introduces Next-Generation Enterprise Array for Mission-Critical Workloads
- Therapy Pets Unlimited Inc. Hosts Fundraisers to Support Their New Organization
- New Book 'Chubby Wubbles' Shows Importance of Caring
- Four Seasons Soars to New Heights with Hotel Industry's First Fully Branded Jet
- Charles Pinot to Publish Book by 2013 John E. Gall Healthcare CIO of the Year, Edward Marx
- iGear Makes iPad Case for New Bretford PowerSync+ Charging Carts
- PMO Advisory Launches PMO+ to Bring Project Management Office to Smaller Companies
- David Perdew, Founder of NAMS, Joins Power Up for Profits Podcast Faculty