Critics Praise and Audiences Rave about LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS at the Westchester Playhouse
Kentwood Players is receiving critical praise and audience raves on its wildly popular production of the comedy rock musical "Little Shop of Horrors" with book by Howard Ashman and music and lyrics by Alan Menken. Performances continue through October 19, 2013 on Fridays and Saturdays at 8pm with Sunday matinees at 2pm at the Westchester Playhouse, located at 8301 Hindry Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90045. The production is directed and choreographed by Michael-Anthony Nozzi with musical and vocal direction by Joshua Eli Kranz, and produced by Shari Barrett and Sheridan Cole Crawford by special arrangement with Music Theatre International. The production features original Audrey II puppets designed and constructed by Michael-Anthony Nozzi and costumes designed by Maria Cohen and Arlene Cohen.
The cast features Elizabeth Adabale, Shari Barrett, Randy Brown, Brett Chapin, David Contreras, John Devereaux, Ruth Andrea Featherstone, Rusty Gregg, Barbara Haberman, Adeline Hall, Trevor Hart, Stephanie Hotz, Kobe Kubes, Carly Linehan, Amanda Majkrzak, Peter Miller, Fiona Okida, Kristin Towers-Rowles, Michael Sandidge, Hollister Starrett, Cole Edward Wagner and Brittney S. Wheeler.
Tickets are $23.00 with a $2.00 discount for seniors, students, servicemen, and Metro riders. To purchase tickets, please call (310) 645-5156. Don't wait as tickets are going quickly! More show information can be found online at www.kentwoodplayers.org or on the Kentwood Players pages on Facebook and Twitter.
Photography by Roy Okida
"Chapin and Towers-Rowles are captivating. They have gentle chemistry and make the roles their own while hewing to the iconic characterizations. While both adeptly play the comedy, Chapin reveals mankind's battles with temptation, and Towers-Rowles shows the heartache of abused women." - Dany Margolies, The Daily Breeze
"There is a musical chorus that guides you through the story through those doo-whop sounds of the past and its Elizabeth Adabale as Ronnette, Amanda Majkrzak as Crystal and Brittney S. Wheeler as Chiffon who make this vocal magic happen." - Lorenzo Marchessi, Van Nuys News Press
- BWW Reviews: SEASCAPE WITH SHARKS AND DANCER Examines the Push and Pull in Relationships
- BWW Reviews: Hit Comedy BOB'S HOLIDAY OFFICE PARTY Wreaks Havoc at the Pico Playhouse.
- BWW Reviews: THE FOREIGNER is Billed as a Comedy, but Contains an Unfortunate and Shocking Ending
- BWW Reviews: BEETHOVEN AND MISFORTUNE COOKIES Teaches to Take the Sour Notes in Life and Tweak Them in Your Favor
- BWW Reviews: Teresa of Ávila comes to life in GOD'S GYPSY, Coco Blignaut's World Premiere at the Lillian Theater
- Photo Flash: First Look at Kentwood Kids' MR. POTCHER'S HOLIDAY, a Musical for the Whole Family
- BWW Reviews: Gordon Goodman Channels John Barrymore Into Reality Onstage at Greenway Court
- BWW Reviews: World Premiere of LOST GIRLS Addresses Teen Pregnancy Across Generations
- BWW Reviews: LIGHT UP THE SKY Shines Brightly at Theatre 40
- BWW Reviews: LOOK HOMEWARD, ANGEL Examines the Life of a Young Man Growing Up in a Small Town Circa 1916