Summer Stages: Long Island Spring/Summer 2017 Preview
Spring is in the air and that means a hopping theatre scene is in full force on Long Island. For the past almost six years, I've truly enjoyed traveling the Island to tell you about the amazing shows and extraordinary talent that we have. This year will be no different as I am incredibly happy and proud to welcome Jaime, Anthony, and Nick to the BroadwayWorld team and we are beyond excited to bring you even more coverage of the Long Island theatre scene. Below are just some of my picks for this season (to be honest, I'd have listed every show if I could!) and soon to follow will be the picks for Jaime, Anthony, and Nick. Cheers!
- Oklahoma! beginning May 11th , Grease beginning July 11th, and Gypsy beginning September 14th all running at the exquisite John W. Engeman Theatre in Northport
- Rent beginning May 17, Swing! beginning June 7th, On The Town beginning June 28th, Mamma Mia! beginning July 19th, and Little Shop Of Horrors beginning August 23rd all presented by the amazing team at The Gateway Playhouse of Bellport
- The world premiere of The Man In The Ceiling beginning May 30th, Intimate Apparel by Pulitzer Prize winner Lynn Nottage beginning July 4th, and As You Like It by William Shakespeare (in collaboration with Classic Stage Theatre Company) beginning August 8th at the Bay Street Theatre in stunning Sag Harbor
- Priscilla, Queen Of The Desert beginning June 3rd, Saturday Night Fever beginning July 22nd, and Dreamgirls beginning September 9th continuing the fun-filled 30th anniversary of the Noel S. Ruiz Theatre at CM Performing Arts Center.
- The Hampton Theatre Company of Quogue completing their spectacular season with Alarms and Excursions beginning May 25th