Minstrel Players Accept Submissions for 2nd Annual IT HAPPENED ONE ACT; Deadline 1/15
Submissions are being accepted for "It Happened One Act" by the Minstrel Players of Northport. The deadline is January 15th, 2013, via email: email@example.com. Performances will be Saturday, July 27th at 8 PM and Sunday, July 28th at 3 PM at Houghton Hall theatre at Trinity Episcopal Church, located at 130 Main Street in Northport Village.
THE MINSTREL PLAYERS IT HAPPENED ONE ACT PLAY FESTIVAL SUBMISSION RULES:
1. All plays should contain just One Act/Scene and be approximately 10 - 30 pages in length.
2. The timing of each submission should not be longer than 20 minutes in length.
3. The submission must be either: Drama, Mystery/Suspense/Thriller or Comedy. We are NOT accepting Musical submissions.
4. Keep in mind that the plays will be presented at Houghton Hall/Trinity Episcopal Church. Therefore, language and subject matter should be appropriate to the location and non-offensive.
5. All submissions must be ORIGINAL without any PRODUCTION RIGHTS attached or already containing any COPYRIGHT obligations.
6. Try to limit the number of characters to less than 5, if possible.
7. The staging should be minimal and not require any excessive set-building or furniture/props not already in possession of The Minstrel Players.
8. A committee will review all submissions and vote on them accordingly based on all the factors listed above (including ability to cast and cost of set).
9. The Top Seven (7) One-Act Plays will be performed. Directors will be selected from the current Minstrel membership.
10. Casting will be done with the Minstrel Executive Board in addition to the Director.
11. All submissions must be sent via email, in Word format, no later than: 1/15.
12. Notifications of the Seven One-Act Plays that are selected by the committee will be announced no later than: 2/28
13. If there are any questions on this process, call (631)732-2926 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, call 631-732-2926 or go online at www.minstrelplayers.org or on Facebook.