Dance House Hamptons To Present First POP-UP Dance Studio, 7/30 - 8/2
For two weeks in July and August, 2012, East Hampton Studio will transform into America's first pop-up dance studio, as the hottest choreographers from Hollywood and Broadway hit the Hamptons for Dance House USA. Dancers of all levels will work with the best of the best to identify their "X-factor" through full days of classes, workshops, rehearsals, live nightly events, and collaboration with star choreographers, including Dancing with the Stars judge Carrie Ann Inaba and Smash choreographer Josh Bergasse.
Dancers who think they have what it takes to turn their passion into a profession will have the chance to perfect their headshots, resumes and video reels. Participants will also have the opportunity to take part in mock auditions and receive career guidance from dance industry insiders, including Hollywood agent Tony Selznick of McDonald Selznick Associates and Nora Brennan, Broadway casting director for Billy Elliot and Matilda. Dance House USA's team of world-renowned dancers and choreographers will include:
· Carrie Ann Inaba – Credits include: Dancing with the Stars, American Idol, So You Think You Can Dance, American Juniors, ABC's Dance Wars: Bruno vs Carrie Ann, In Living Color, and Austin Powers: Goldmember
· Josh Bergasse – Credits include: Smash, So You Think You Can Dance, Hairspray, West Side Story, Movin' Out, The Life and Fame
· Dave Scott – Credits include: America's Best Dance Crew, So You Think You Can Dance, MTV, The Black Eyed Peas and B2K
· Tessandra Chavez – Credits include: America's Got Talent, Disney Crew, Dancing with the Stars, Strictly Come Dancing, So You Think You Can Dance and The X Factor
· Ambrose Respicio – Credits include: The Academy Awards, Dancing with the Stars, Fame, Strictly Come Dancing, The Question and So You Think You Can Dance
· Marko Germar – Credits include: The Voice, So You Think You Can Dance, Disney's Shake It Up, The Question and The Grammys
· Melissa Emrico – Credits include: Dancing with the Stars, So You Think You Can Dance, The Haus of Gaga, Fame and Cats
· Lane Napper – Credits include: Nickelodeon's Victorious, iCarly, Drake and Josh and Zooey 101
Plus surprise celebrity and dance industry guests!
The culmination of Dance House USA will be seen at the Pop-Up Production, when every dancer is welcomed to the stage to perform their Dance Builders pieces that were created earlier in the week. The program will also include In the House, a live talk show featuring expert panelists and studio performance critiques. In addition, Dance House USA will offer Foundations classes so those who eat, sleep and breathe dance can build up stamina and learn about injury prevention with top nutrition, health and fitness coaching.
The brain child of Emmy award-winning writer and Broadway Producer Dani Davis, Artistic Director JT Horenstein and East Hampton Studio's own Michael Wudyka, Dance House USA is the opportunity of a lifetime for any serious dancer. Having each experienced the challenges of working their way to the top, the three came together with one main goal: to give every dedicated dancer access to dance industry leaders who are interested in helping them develop as artists and achieve success. To ensure its objective, Dance House USA will award several scholarships throughout the program.