ROCK OF AGES Celebrates 1,000 Performances with Positively Rockin' Master Class at the Venetian Las Vegas
On Friday (Sept. 18, 2015), 16 local-area high school students visited the ROCK OF AGES Theatre to participate in the Positively Rockin' Master Class, held in celebration of ROCK OF AGES' 1,000th performance at The VenetianLas Vegas today, Sept. 19. The afternoon provided an in-depth, behind-the-scenes look at one of the Strip's top Broadway-style productions, with purpose to provide an impactful experience for at-risk youths looking to pursue a future in the performing arts.
All participating students are belonging members of the Positively Arts Foundation (PAF), an organization which unites professional artists with aspiring students. The Positively Rockin' Master Class allowed the students the opportunity to engage with various members of the ROCK OF AGES cast and crew and included:
- A backstage tour of the ROCK OF AGES Theatre led by cast members Robert Torti ("Hertz") and Dane Biren ("Franz")
- Q+A sessions with the heads of ROCK OF AGES' wig and wardrobe departments, Robin Lee and Joel Miller
- A choreography lesson taught by Brooke Engen ("Regina"/Dance Captain)
- A vocal lesson taught by Bryan McAdams (Keyboardist/Music Director)
- Onstage performance of "Don't Stop Believin'" for the cast of ROCK OF AGES
- Talkback with cast members of ROCK OF AGES about their performance backgrounds, tips for pursuing a career in the performing arts and more
Positively Arts Foundation (PAF) is a 501c3 non-profit bringing today's professional artists together with aspiring students to ensure that the performing arts continue to thrive despite the financial difficulties that so many schools are forced to navigate. Working hand-in-hand with the School-Community Partnership Office, Positively Arts Foundation is able to identify the schools most at-risk and in need of arts intervention programs. Positively Arts Foundation's mission is to create enrichment programs that use the arts to empower, inspire and heal.
ROCK OF AGES rocks out with audiences nightly at The Venetian Las Vegas at 8 p.m. Tickets can be purchased online at RockOfAgesVegas.com, by phone at (866) 633-0195 or in person at The Venetian Box Office.
About ROCK OF AGES:
ROCK OF AGES is a hilarious, feel-good love story celebrating the great rock songs of the '80s including such sing-out-loud songs as "Don't Stop Believing," "Here I Go Again," "Wanted Dead or Alive," "Every Rose Has Its Thorn," and more. Set in L.A.'s infamous Sunset Strip in 1987, ROCK OF AGES tells the story of Drew, a boy from South Detroit, and Sherrie, a small-town girl, both in L.A. to chase their dreams of making it big and falling in love. ROCK OF AGES takes you back to the times of big bands with big egos playing big guitar solos and sporting even bigger hair!