New York-New York Hotel & Casino Breaks Fundraising Record with Over $112K Raised During St. Baldrick's Day Event
New York-New York Hotel & Casino and Nine Fine Irishmen raised more than $112,000 for the St. Baldrick's Foundation this past Saturday, March 1, tripling last year's amount. Guests came out to show their support and cheer on fellow head-shavers in barber chairs at the property's new outdoor plaza on the Brooklyn Bridge. All of the proceeds raised benefit the St. Baldrick's Foundation and will go toward childhood cancer research.
"Saturday's St. Baldrick's event was a huge success and we couldn't have done it without the incredible support of the Las Vegas community," said Cynthia Kiser Murphey, president and COO of New York-New York. "We exceeded our fundraising goal three-fold and raised awareness for an important and worthy cause."
This year's event received support from throughout the Las Vegas community and made a tremendous impact on a good cause including:
· Blue Man Group surprised the crowd as they shaved the head of Monte Carlo Resort and Casino's Vice President of Hotel Operations Shadi Omeish and popped off confetti shooters in celebration of the day.
· Reality star Holly Madison had the honor of shaving Las Vegas media personality John Katsilometes' head. This is the second consecutive year that Katsilometes shaved his head in support of childhood cancer research.
· John W. Bonner Elementary School's Principal Paul Catania along with 25 Bonner Boys and one Bonner Girl took turns in the barber chairs and braved a shave. The Bonner Boys first shaved their heads in 2012 and continued the tradition when they realized the importance of giving back and raising awareness for childhood cancer.
Throughout the day, celebrities and notable personalities came out to show their support by shaving heads, hosting or performing:
· Two-time Emmy Award-winning TV personality Chris Saldaña
· Las Vegas media personality Robin Leach
· Miss Nevada USA Nia Sanchez
· Edie "the mistress of sensuality" and cast of Zumanity by Cirque du Soleil
· Cast of Tournament of Kings from Excalibur
· Cast of FANTASY from Luxor
· Cast of Jabbawockeez from Luxor
· Jaymes Vaughan from Chippendales
· Singer Cheaza
· Bands Spazmatics, Phoenix and Sin E Ri Ra
Each year, the St. Baldrick's Day event helps raise awareness in the fight against childhood cancer. The event is vital to raise needed funds, enabling the St. Baldrick's Foundation to fund the best research projects focused on finding better treatments and cures for all childhood cancers.
Photo Credit: Cashman Photos