Regional Theater of the Week: Starlight Theatre, Kansas City, MO
BroadwayWorld.com, the largest theatre site on the Internet, is excited to announce a new feature to its comprehensive regional coverage - the Featured Regional Theater of the Week! Each week, BWW will introduce its readers to a regional theater located in one of our (over 130!) coverage cities. By exploring these different venues, their history and showcasing the production seasons, BWW continues its commitment to expand our presence in communities and cities across the United States.
This Week's Featured Regional Theater: Kansas City Starlight Theatre, Kansas City, MO
The latest Broadway great to be added to the Walk Stars is Tony Award-winning actor, director and choreographer Tommy Tune. Tune was recognized in a July 12, 2006, ceremony, while he was in town starring in Dr. Dolittle at Starlight.
Other notable artists and performers who are inducted in the Walk of Stars include: Tony Bennett, Richard H. Berger, Betty Buckley, Carol Burnett, Cab Calloway, Patrick Cassidy, Carol Channing, Kristin Chenoweth, Tony Curtis, Phyllis Diller, Sandy Duncan, Robert Goulet, Shirley Jones, Angela Lansbury, Michelle Lee, Ann-Margret, Marilyn Maye, Donny Osmond, Bernadette Peters, Tony Randall, Chita Rivera, Ginger Rogers, Jo Ann Worley, Lou Diamond Phillips, and Yul Brynner.
- Meet the BroadwayWorld Staff- BroadwayWorld TV, Movies & Music Managing Editor Caryn Robbins
- Meet the BroadwayWorld Staff- Regional Managing Editor Christina Mancuso
- Meet the BroadwayWorld Staff- Chief Interviewer & Senior Editor Pat Cerasaro
- Broadway's Plays in Repertory- What They Mean for the 2014 Tony Awards
- Regional Theater of the Week: Fisher Theatre in Detroit, MI
- Hugh Jackman to Bring BACK ON BROADWAY to London Stage?
- Regional Theater of the Week: American Repertory Theater (A.R.T.) in Cambridge, MA
- Regional Theater of the Week: Riverside Theatre in Vero Beach, FL
- Meet the BroadwayWorld Staff- BWW TV Host Richard Ridge!
- THIS WEEK IN PICTURES: August 17-23