My Favorite (Theatrical) Things - 2012 In Review

DEClarke Profile PhotoDEClarke Profile Photo
DEClarke
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Houston, these are my thoughts. What are yours?

Click Here to Read My Favorite (Theatrical) Things - 2012 In Review
Rumpelstiltskin Profile PhotoRumpelstiltskin Profile Photo
Rumpelstiltskin
Stand-by
Stand-by
David - I hope this doesn't mean your stint with BroadwayWorld has ended! I've enjoyed your reviews, interviews, and commentary, but mostly your enthusiasm for the our theater scene. Houston has so much to offer theater lovers (but is also the country's best kept secret.)

My favorites for 2012 include Next to Normal and Steel Magnolias at Stages, Avenue Q at the Country Playhouse, Noises Off at the Alley, the Les Mis tour, and Next Fall by the Celebration Theater Company.

There were too many great performances to list, so I'll single out just one. I loved Daryl Banner in TheaterLab's Home for the Dysfunctional Family Holidays. That he was able to share the spotlight and often steal the show from the two uber-talented stars despite having just a handful of lines was remarkable. His facial expressions and body theatrics (and of course piano-playing) were fabulous.
DEClarke Profile PhotoDEClarke Profile Photo
DEClarke
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Rumpelstiltskin, never fear, next year I will still be here. We were asked to do a "best of"/"wrap up" piece for 2012. I had a really hard time writing this. It took about two weeks of pondering before I was able to feel comfortable with what I chose. Like you said, there was just too many good things to choose from.

BROADWAYWORLD TV

Save $$$ on Tickets to:
🔀HOUSTON SHOWS
All Shook Up
(Runs 7/10 - 7/19)
Motown the Musical in HoustonMotown the Musical
(Runs 7/21 - 7/26)
The Drowning Girls in HoustonThe Drowning Girls
(Runs 7/9 - 8/1)
Fancy Nancy the Musical
(Runs 6/7 - 8/2)
The Addams Family