TUTS & Hard Rock Cafe to Host City-Wide Scavenger Hunt, 1/18
In celebration of Theatre Under The Stars' upcoming musical, We Will Rock You, TUTS will host a city-wide Instagram-based scavenger hunt - culminating with a post-scavenger hunt party at Hard Rock Café (502 Texas Ave). The scavenger hunt takes place Jan. 18 from 4 - 6 p.m. with the winning team earning the holy grail of prizes: a Fender guitar autographed by the cast of We Will Rock You along with 5 tickets to the show.
The game is simple - each team will meet at 4 p.m. at the front of the Hobby Center to receive their instructions. The teams must check off each item on the to-do list and be the first group to reach the end point of the scavenger hunt to win the prize. To achieve this goal, teams will be given a specific list of items to procure at various places around town and then post a photo of their findings to Instagram.
To take part in the We Will Rock You scavenger hunt, there are a few rules and guidelines:
- Teams may be composed of up to five people
- The team must stay together at all times (no splitting up to "divide" the tasks)
- The teams must complete all the assigned tasks, which will include taking photos at designated Houston "rocking" hot spots and posting them to a public Instagram account
- To sign up for the contest, groups may contact TUTS via email for an entry form and list of the official rules: ScavengerHunt@TUTS.com
- The deadline to register is Friday, January 17 at 5 p.m.
Mirroring the plotline of the smash hit musical We Will Rock You, the digital scavenger hunt will culminate with a post-event party at Hard Rock Café starting at 6 p.m. School of Rock, an extra-curricular music-based program in Katy, Texas, will provide entertainment.
TUTS will present the worldwide smash hit "rock theatrical" We Will Rock You, running Jan. 22 - Feb. 2 at Hobby Center's Sarofim Hall. This hilarious, multi-award-winning and record-breaking musical phenomenon is created by celebrated British comedian and writer Ben Elton (TV's "MR. Bean" and "The Young Ones"), and boasts 24 of Queen's biggest songs including "Another One Bites The Dust", "Crazy Little Thing Called Love", "We Are The Champions," "Bohemian Rhapsody" and, of course, "We Will Rock You."
TUTS' production of We Will Rock You is brought to Houstonians by the generosity of Ballard Exploration Company, Inc.