Pasek & Paul's EDGES and Jason Robert Brown's THE LAST FIVE YEARS Make Paris Debuts, June 2013
The widely-acclaimed musical Edges, written by Benj Pasek and Justin Paul, is a song cycle which features a series of young adults on their path to self-discovery and life in general. Pasek and Paul were only 20 years old when they wrote the musical in 2005. The duo has since composed songs for the musical-drama television series Smash created by Steven Spielberg. In 2013 their most recent musical, inspired by the film A Christmas Story, received three Tony Award nominations.
In fall of 2013, Pasek and Paul will be in Paris for a master class hosted by American Musical Theatre LIVE! Founded in 2012, American Musical Theatre LIVE! is dedicated to producing professional contemporary musical theatre in Paris and providing a forum for exchange between French and international performers.
The Off-Broadway musical The Last Five Years, by award winning composer Jason Robert Brown, tells the love story of Jamie and Cathy. The show is unique in that Jamie starts the story chronologically when the couple first meets, while Cathy addresses it at the end of the couple's relationship and works backwards through time. A recent New York Times article discusses the success of the show and its huge popularity with audiences around the world.
The productions are being presented by American Musical Theatre Live! in coordination with Paris Broadway Saigon, L'Auguste Théâtre and Music Theatre International.
The shows will be presented in English at the Auguste Théâtre and are directed by Stéphane Ly-Cuong with musical direction John Florencio and vocal direction for Edges by Miranda Crispin.
Edges: June-13, 14, 15 at 21h, June 26 and July 3 at 19h
The Last 5 Years: June 27-28 at 19h, July 6 and July 9-11 at 21h
L'Auguste Théâtre is located at 6, impasse Lamier, 75011 Paris. Reservations: 01.48.78.06.68 or www.augustetheatre.com. For more information, visit www.amtlive.org, Facebook: www.facebook.com/AmericanMusicalTheatreLiveParis and Twitter: www.twitter.com/amtliveparis.
En juin 2013, deux comédies musicales contemporaines américaines, par Jason Robert Brown (gagnant d'un Tony Award) et Benj Pasek & Justin Paul (nominés pour un Tony Award), feront leurs premières en France : The Last Five Years et Edges.
Le très acclamé musical Edges, créé par Benj Pasek et Justin Paul, est un song cycle (une série de chansons autour d'un thème commun) qui suit quelques jeunes adultes sur le chemin de la découverte de soi, et de la vie en général. Pasek & Paul n'étaient âgés que d'une vingtaine d'années lorsqu'ils ont écrit Edges en 2005. Le duo a depuis composé des chansons pour la série télévisée américaine Smash, produite par Steven Spielberg. En 2013, leur projet le plus récent, inspiré par le film A Christmas Story, a reçu trois nominations aux Tony Awards.
- Merit School of Music's Free Conservatory Winter Concerts Set for 12/13, 12/20-21
- Wayne S. Brown Named President and CEO of the Michigan Opera Theatre
- RE-GIFT OF THE MAGI Begins Tomorrow at Chain Theatre
- STRUCK Begins Performances Tonight at HERE
- Weiser Collection Now on View at Southampton Historical Museum's Pelletreau Silver Shop
- Arup's Ken Garmson to Expand Rail Systems Engineering Business for the Americas
- Bold new start for growing training company, Training Umbrella LLC
- THE IDENTIMETRICS FINGER SCANNING ID SYSTEM Named 'Reader's Choice Top 100 Products' by District Administration Magazine
- Adara Tailors Tweets in Partnership with Twitter
- Web Developer Caxy Helps International Code Council (ICC) Improve Member Participation, Collaboration in Code Development Process