The Ringwald Theatre's Annual Festival Celebrates 8 Years And Seeks Submissions
Ever daydream about what a special episode of Friends would be like where Ross marries Joey? Or how about that extra scene from the movie Castaway where Tom Hanks professes his undying love to Wilson? The episode of Family Matters where Urkel comes out! Or maybe you just want to see a scene where the Golden Girls all go and buy dental dams - whatever it is - this is your chance to write Gay Fan Fiction!
Basically, the possibilities are endless. Any movies or TV shows - Just make it Gay Fan Fiction! A situation that has never happened before in that setting with a LGBTQ slant to it. No more than 30 pages. Submissions are due by April 15th.
The plays submitted should have a performance time of 30 minutes or less and deal directly with issues or characters that are identified as gay/lesbian/transgender, or contain a gay sensibility. From the initial submission pool, a final line up will be chosen by a panel of judges to be performed at The Ringwald Theatre in June 2017, at the 8th Annual Gay Play Series Festival.
From those performed, an audience poll will be conducted to select one winning script, actor, actress, and director.
- All submissions must be submitted electronically to: email@example.com
- The submitted script must be the script proposed for presentation, with no major alterations necessary.
- Please provide an approximate running time, number of cast members, and a one sentence synopsis in the body of the email.
- Only one entry per playwright will be accepted.
- Neither fax nor paper submissions will be accepted.
- Submission materials will not be returned.
- Previously submitted scripts will not be eligible.
- The deadline for submissions is April 15, 2017.
- The final line-up will be announced in May, 2017.
The Ringwald opened their doors seven years ago on May 11, 2007 with Fatal Attraction: A Greek Tragedy. Quickly, The Ringwald became a mainstay of Detroit's theatre community. Past Productions include: August: Osage County, When the Rain Stops Falling,, The Bad Seed, Making Porn, The Book of Liz, Rent, and Love! Valour! Compassion!. The Ringwald was named 2009, 2012 and 2013 Best Theatrical Troupe by Real Detroit and Best Place to See Local Theatre in 2010, 2011 and 2012 by the readers of Metro Times.