Detroit's Fox Theatre Hosts the 10th Annual Fifth Third Bank Holiday Series; Lineup Announced
Olympia Entertainment and Fifth Third Bank have announced the lineup for the 10th annual Fifth Third Bank Holiday Series at the Fox Theatre featuring winter classics and new seasonal sensations.
“The long standing tradition that Olympia Entertainment has in providing quality programming for the holidays continues to be strengthened by our partnership with Fifth Third Bank,” said Tom Wilson, President and Chief Executive Officer of Olympia Entertainment. “We believe that their support over the past 10 years has truly helped us in our mission of bringing families downtown to experience the wonder of the season.”
This year’s 10th annual Fifth Third Bank Holiday Series lineup features:
· Chris Isaak “Beyond the Sun Tour”* (Friday, Nov. 23): Grammy nominated singer-songwriter, musician and actor, Chris Isaak, will perform hits from him the latest album, Beyond the Sun, and classic Christmas favorites.
· Christmas with The Rat Pack Live at the Sands* (Tuesday, Nov. 27 - Sunday, Dec. 2): Take a nostalgic trip back to the glamorous, glitzy time of the late 1950s and early 60s at the famous Sands Hotel in Las Vegas to celebrate the incredible singing talent of three world-famous entertainers Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis Jr. and Dean Martin.
· Celtic Woman: A Christmas Celebration – “The Symphony Tour” (Thursday, Dec. 6): Have yourself a Celtic little Christmas! Due to overwhelming demand from last year’s sold-out Holiday tour, the enchanting Irish music sensation “Celtic Woman” is back to perform their beloved Christmas songs in a unique and festive traditional symphonic setting.
· Kenny Rogers “Christmas and Hits Tour” (Thursday, Dec. 13): Grammy Award-winning Kenny Rogers’ annual Christmas Tour has become tradition over the course of the artist’s storied career. Always a highly-anticipated treat for the whole family, the production will feature both traditional and original holiday songs from Rogers — many that can be found on his numerous holiday recordings.
· Clay Aiken “Joyful Noise 2012” (Friday, Dec. 14): Since coming to national attention during the second season of American Idol in 2003, Clay Aiken has written a New York Times bestselling memoir, sold more than six million albums, produced and hosted television programs and starred on Broadway. Now Detroit fans can join him for “Joyful Noise” featuring singles from his popular Merry Christmas with Love album, the fastest selling Christmas album in Nielsen Soundscan history, plus Aiken’s classics from his five studio albums.
· The Christmas Music of Mannheim Steamroller by Chip Davis (Sunday, Dec. 16): Don’t miss America’s favorite holiday celebration of the last 25 years. Grammy Award-winner Chip Davis has created a show that features the beloved Christmas music of Mannheim Steamroller along with dazzling multimedia effects performed in an intimate setting.
· Karen Newman “Christmas Eve on Woodward Avenue” (Thursday, Dec. 20): Detroit’s own Karen Newman, who has captivated crowds at Joe Louis Arena with her signature rendition of the national anthem, will once again celebrate the season at the Fox Theatre performing her hit single “Christmas Eve on Woodward Avenue,” original songs and other holiday favorites.
“The holiday time is when tradition and family are truly cherished, and we are proud that we have helped create memories for so many at the fabulous Fox Theatre,” said Jack Riley, Senior Vice President of Fifth Third Bank. “Our partnership with Olympia Entertainment has been one of the cornerstones of our marketing calendar for over 10 years now and continues to grow stronger each year.”
Tickets go on sale Saturday, Sept. 15 at 10 a.m. and can be purchased at OlympiaEntertainment.com, the Fox Theatre and Joe Louis Arena box offices, Hockeytown Authentics in Troy (without service charge) at all Ticketmaster locations and Ticketmaster.com. To charge tickets by phone, call (800) 745-3000. Discounts available for groups of 10 or more on select shows, call 313-471-3099 for information.