NOW PLAYING: Miners Alley presents MASTER CLASS thru 4/1
Miners Alley Playhouse presents the Tony Award-winning MASTER CLASS playing now through April 1st. At the core of MASTER CLASS is diva Maria Callas, a glamorous, commanding, larger-than-life, caustic, and surprisingly drop-dead funny pedagogue, holding a voice master class. Alternately dismayed and impressed by the students who parade before her, she retreats into recollections about the glories of her own life and career. Included in her musings are her younger years as an ugly duckling, her fierce hatred of her rivals, the unforgiving press that savaged her early performances, her triumphs at La Scala, and her affair with Aristotle Onassis. It culminates into a monologue about sacrifice taken in the name of art.
Under the direction of Robert Kramer, the talented cast includes mezzo soprano Marcia Ragonetti in the role of Maria Callas, Kelly Twedt (1st Soprano), Boni McIntyre (2nd Soprano), Alex Sierra (Tenor), Travis Yamamoto (Accompanist) and Robert Kramer as the Stage Manager.
Terrence McNally's most recent play is Unusual Acts of Devotion, which had its world premiere at Philadelphia Theatre Company followed by a production at the La Jolla Playhouse. In August 2009, the Fifth Avenue Theatre in Seattle presented the world premiere of his musical adaptation of Catch Me If You Can with a score by Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman-scheduled to open on Broadway in the Spring 2011. In 2010 the Kennedy Center produced three of his plays under the title "Terrence McNally's Night at the Opera: Master Class, The Lisbon Traviata, and the world premiere of Golden Age. He has won four Tony Awards for his plays Love! Valour! Companion! (as well as the New York Drama Critics' Circle Award for Best American Play and the Outer Critics Circle and Drama Desk Awards for Best Play) and Master Class and his musical books for Kiss of the Spider Woman (Kander & Ebb) and Ragtime. He also wrote the books for the musicals The Full Monty, The Rink (Kander & Ebb), and A Man of No Importance.
Miners Alley Playhouse presents MASTER CLASS enchanting audiences now through April 1st. Performances are Fridays and Saturdays at 7:30 p.m. and Sundays at 6 p.m. *(Sunday, April 1 is at 2 p.m.; no 6 p.m. performance that day). For tickets of more information, contact the box office at 303-935-3044 or online at www.minersalley.com. Opening night features a hors d' oeuvres gala reception after the show; audience is invited to join the festivities and mingle with the cast at no extra charge. On Saturday, March 3, Miners Alley holds its "Second Saturday Members Appreciation Night" and conversation with the director, cast and crew after the performance.
- BWW Interviews: ANIMAL CRACKERS Sweetheart Stephanie Rothenberg Speaks of her Challenges and Passions with this Show and Jane Austin!
- BWW Interviews: The Talented Ms. Tari Kelly on her Extensive Broadway Career and Channeling Judy Garland!
- BWW Reviews: The Arvada Center brings Childish Glee and Delight in LYLE THE CROCODILE!
- BWW Reviews: Ms. Dixie Returns to Denver for a Hoot and a Holler of Hilarity in DIXIE'S TUPPERWARE PARTY!
- BWW Interviews: Denver Center Veteran Sam Gregory and his Love of Theatre, Shadowlands, and his Wife!
- BWW Reviews: The Arvada Center Presents a Haunting and Memorable Insight into Addiction in END OF THE RAINBOW
- BWW Reviews: Cherry Creek Theatre Presents an Exemplary Male Ensemble in 12 ANGRY MEN!
- BWW Reviews: Vintage Theatre's LEND ME A TENOR Stumbles but Prevails in Comedy!
- BWW Interviews: Tony Award Winner CHRISTIAN HOFF on THE MIDTOWN MEN, JERSEY BOYS, VINEYARDS and More!