THE HIRED MAN in Colchester & Leicester

bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
THE HIRED MAN in Colchester & Leicester#1
Posted: 1/28/13 at 10:25am
Just booked my ticket for Howard Goodall's THE HIRED MAN in Leicester in April! It's a co-production by the Mercury theatre, Colchester and the Leicester Curve

http://www.mercurytheatre.co.uk/event/the-hired-man/

http://www.curveonline.co.uk/curve.php?view=showinfo.php&showid=445

I don't think an official casting announcement has been made yet but I happen to know who the 3 amazing leads are and this is going to be fantastic! Can't wait!

Anyone else going to see this?
THEATRE 2016: GREY GARDENS**** SHOWBOAT (Sheffield)***** PETER PAN GOES WRONG**** FEAR AND MISERY OF THE THIRD REICH**** FUNNY GIRL**** LEGALLY BLONDE**** A STEADY RAIN**** THE MEMORY SHOW***** THE KISSING DANCE**** ANDY CAPP**** MRS HENDERSON PRESENTS**** ROADSHOW**** BAR MITZVAH BOY**** FOUR PLAY**** BAD GIRLS**** WEST END SWITCHED OFF***** ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN (Cardiff)**** ONLY THE BRAVE (Cardiff)** MISS ATOMIC BOMB**** WILL BARRATT & FRIENDS (cabaret)**** THE WAR OF THE WORLDS*** PRINCESS CARABOO**** MR STRASSEN PRESENTS (concert)**** OUT OF THIS WORLD**** FOREVER PLAID**** STARTING HERE, STARTING NOW***** THE PAINKILLER**** THE COMEDY ABOUT A BANK ROBBERY**** FIDDLER ON THE ROOF (New York)****
zyx987 Profile Photozyx987 Profile Photo
zyx987
Stand-by
Stand-by
THE HIRED MAN in Colchester & Leicester#2
Posted: 1/28/13 at 10:32am
Think Mark Shenton tweeted who is in the cast, definitely looks good.

I am desperately trying to get to see this in Leicester, need to find a cheap train ticket though. I usually stay overnight when I go to Leicester but I can't afford that at the moment.
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
THE HIRED MAN in Colchester & Leicester#2
Posted: 1/28/13 at 12:21pm
You're right - it does now appear to be out there on twitter, so I don't have to keep quiet anymore lol. It's
JULIE ATHERTON (Sister Act, Ordinary Days, Tomorrow Morning, Avenue Q, The Last Five Years, Fame)

DAVID HUNTER (Suessical, Tommy concert, ITV's Superstar semi-finalist & - more recently gave an astonishing performance in the lead role in the workshop production of MY LAND'S SHORE - was a real privilege to work with him)

KIT ORTON (Spamalot, Spend Spend Spend, The Hot Mikado, Martin Guerre) - I know he's one of my closest friends but he genuinely is an amazing actor/singer and he is going to be incredible in this show.
THEATRE 2016: GREY GARDENS**** SHOWBOAT (Sheffield)***** PETER PAN GOES WRONG**** FEAR AND MISERY OF THE THIRD REICH**** FUNNY GIRL**** LEGALLY BLONDE**** A STEADY RAIN**** THE MEMORY SHOW***** THE KISSING DANCE**** ANDY CAPP**** MRS HENDERSON PRESENTS**** ROADSHOW**** BAR MITZVAH BOY**** FOUR PLAY**** BAD GIRLS**** WEST END SWITCHED OFF***** ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN (Cardiff)**** ONLY THE BRAVE (Cardiff)** MISS ATOMIC BOMB**** WILL BARRATT & FRIENDS (cabaret)**** THE WAR OF THE WORLDS*** PRINCESS CARABOO**** MR STRASSEN PRESENTS (concert)**** OUT OF THIS WORLD**** FOREVER PLAID**** STARTING HERE, STARTING NOW***** THE PAINKILLER**** THE COMEDY ABOUT A BANK ROBBERY**** FIDDLER ON THE ROOF (New York)****
WestEndAndy Profile PhotoWestEndAndy Profile Photo
WestEndAndy
Understudy
Understudy
THE HIRED MAN in Colchester & Leicester#3
Posted: 1/30/13 at 3:52pm
This is something I would like very much to see. I love, love. love the score, and in fact all of Howard Goodall's work. Check out the CD of Days if Hope if you can - another stunner.

Updated On: 1/30/13 at 03:52 PM
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
THE HIRED MAN in Colchester & Leicester#4
Posted: 2/7/13 at 3:35pm
Updated On: 2/7/13 at 03:35 PM
jaqs Profile Photojaqs Profile Photo
jaqs
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
THE HIRED MAN in Colchester & Leicester#5
Posted: 2/8/13 at 4:14am
Just booked a bargain seat in colechester.
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
THE HIRED MAN in Colchester & Leicester#6
Posted: 3/2/13 at 12:54pm
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
THE HIRED MAN in Colchester & Leicester#7
Posted: 3/13/13 at 4:51pm
The trailer for The Hired Man is now on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9Iegpbanjo

Really excited about seeing this in Leicester!
forgetmenotnyc Profile Photoforgetmenotnyc Profile Photo
forgetmenotnyc
Stand-by
Stand-by
THE HIRED MAN in Colchester & Leicester#8
Posted: 3/21/13 at 12:55pm
Glad to hear about it being done. I was proudly part of an American production that was done in one of the United States oldest theaters in Philadelphia. What a great score!
jaqs Profile Photojaqs Profile Photo
jaqs
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
THE HIRED MAN in Colchester & Leicester#9
Posted: 3/30/13 at 1:57pm
On way back from seeing it.

Julie Atherton is utterly heartbreaking. It's a very strong cast but Julie's performance is on another level.

It's not a perfect piece, some of the lyrics are clunky and the pacing is a little off. But overall it didn't matter because the performers all broke my heart whilst singing with amazing voices.

BROADWAYWORLD TV

BARE in ConnecticutBARE
BROOKFIELD THEATRE FOR THE ARTS INC
(Runs 7/8 - 7/30)
Anything Goes in ConnecticutAnything Goes
The Goodspeed
(Runs 4/8 - 6/16) VIDEOS
Big River
Sharon Playhouse
(Runs 7/21 - 7/31)
Romeo and Juliet in ConnecticutRomeo and Juliet
Flock Theatre