Page Not Found

THE HIRED MAN in Colchester & Leicester

bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Posted: 1/28/13 at 10:25am
Just booked my ticket for Howard Goodall's THE HIRED MAN in Leicester in April! It's a co-production by the Mercury theatre, Colchester and the Leicester Curve

http://www.mercurytheatre.co.uk/event/the-hired-man/

http://www.curveonline.co.uk/curve.php?view=showinfo.php&showid=445

I don't think an official casting announcement has been made yet but I happen to know who the 3 amazing leads are and this is going to be fantastic! Can't wait!

Anyone else going to see this?
THEATRE 2015: The Mikado**** Women On The Verge Of A Nervous Breakdown***** The Grand Tour**** Charlotte Bradford: The Last 7 Years (cabaret)**** Bat Boy**** City Of Angels***** Assassins***** A Little Night Music***** Jesus Christ Superstar (tour,Cardiff)**** The Goodbye Girl**** Anything Goes (tour, Wimbledon)**** She Loves Me**** Whistle Down The Wind***** Live & Acoustic***** Charles Strouse (cabaret)***** The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole (Curve, Leicester)*****. Miss Saigon***** Spend,Spend, Spend**** Sweeney Todd (ENO)***** News Review**** Songs From The Playground**** Apartment 40C*****
zyx987 Profile Photozyx987 Profile Photo
zyx987
Stand-by
Stand-by
Posted: 1/28/13 at 10:32am
Think Mark Shenton tweeted who is in the cast, definitely looks good.

I am desperately trying to get to see this in Leicester, need to find a cheap train ticket though. I usually stay overnight when I go to Leicester but I can't afford that at the moment.
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Posted: 1/28/13 at 12:21pm
You're right - it does now appear to be out there on twitter, so I don't have to keep quiet anymore lol. It's
JULIE ATHERTON (Sister Act, Ordinary Days, Tomorrow Morning, Avenue Q, The Last Five Years, Fame)

DAVID HUNTER (Suessical, Tommy concert, ITV's Superstar semi-finalist & - more recently gave an astonishing performance in the lead role in the workshop production of MY LAND'S SHORE - was a real privilege to work with him)

KIT ORTON (Spamalot, Spend Spend Spend, The Hot Mikado, Martin Guerre) - I know he's one of my closest friends but he genuinely is an amazing actor/singer and he is going to be incredible in this show.
THEATRE 2015: The Mikado**** Women On The Verge Of A Nervous Breakdown***** The Grand Tour**** Charlotte Bradford: The Last 7 Years (cabaret)**** Bat Boy**** City Of Angels***** Assassins***** A Little Night Music***** Jesus Christ Superstar (tour,Cardiff)**** The Goodbye Girl**** Anything Goes (tour, Wimbledon)**** She Loves Me**** Whistle Down The Wind***** Live & Acoustic***** Charles Strouse (cabaret)***** The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole (Curve, Leicester)*****. Miss Saigon***** Spend,Spend, Spend**** Sweeney Todd (ENO)***** News Review**** Songs From The Playground**** Apartment 40C*****
WestEndAndy Profile PhotoWestEndAndy Profile Photo
WestEndAndy
Understudy
Understudy
Posted: 1/30/13 at 03:52pm
This is something I would like very much to see. I love, love. love the score, and in fact all of Howard Goodall's work. Check out the CD of Days if Hope if you can - another stunner.

Updated On: 1/30/13 at 03:52 PM
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Updated On: 2/7/13 at 03:35 PM
jaqs Profile Photojaqs Profile Photo
jaqs
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Just booked a bargain seat in colechester.
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Posted: 3/13/13 at 04:51pm
The trailer for The Hired Man is now on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9Iegpbanjo

Really excited about seeing this in Leicester!
forgetmenotnyc Profile Photoforgetmenotnyc Profile Photo
forgetmenotnyc
Stand-by
Stand-by
Posted: 3/21/13 at 12:55pm
Glad to hear about it being done. I was proudly part of an American production that was done in one of the United States oldest theaters in Philadelphia. What a great score!
jaqs Profile Photojaqs Profile Photo
jaqs
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Posted: 3/30/13 at 01:57pm
On way back from seeing it.

Julie Atherton is utterly heartbreaking. It's a very strong cast but Julie's performance is on another level.

It's not a perfect piece, some of the lyrics are clunky and the pacing is a little off. But overall it didn't matter because the performers all broke my heart whilst singing with amazing voices.

Save $$$ on Tickets to:
🔀CONNECTICUT SHOWS
Jesus Christ Superstar
(Runs 4/3 - 5/2)
A Midsummer Night's Dream
(Runs 4/23 - 5/3)
Once Upon a Mattress
(Runs 5/1 - 5/3)
Stuart Little in ConnecticutStuart Little
(Runs 5/1 - 5/3)
Cinderella Italiano! in ConnecticutCinderella Italiano!
(Runs 4/24 - 5/9)
Hearts by Willy Holtzman in ConnecticutHearts by Willy Holtzman
(Runs 4/30 - 5/16)
How I Became a Pirate
(Runs 5/16 - 5/17)

VIEW ALL | ADD A SHOW | AUDITIONS