O'Neill Center to Begin Accepting 2014 National Playwrights Conference Submissions 9/20
The Eugene O'Neill Theater Center announced today that it will begin accepting scripts for the 2014 National Playwrights Conference on Friday, September 20, 2013. Applicants may submit work to the O'Neill's Open Submissions Process through Friday, October 25, 2013.
The National Playwrights Conference, which will celebrate fifty years of new play development during the summer of 2014, is led by Artistic Director Wendy C. Goldberg. The conference supports playwrights during the creation and development of new play projects.
Authors of the selected works will be awarded a residency for the month of July 2014, including an intensive rehearsal process and two staged, script-in-hand public readings. A stipend, housing, meals, and transportation are provided for each writer selected for this month-long residency.
- Early submissions are strongly encouraged.
- Plays of any length or genre are eligible; however, to be included in the conference, the work must remain unproduced through July 31, 2014.
- No agent is required.
- Both electronic and hard copy applications are accepted.
- The submission fee is $35 USD and covers the cost of the process.
- Visit www.theoneill.org/summer-conferences/npc/submission-info/ for more information about the submission process and to sign up to receive updates.
The O'Neill will also host three online Q&A sessions about the process on the O'Neill Facebook page: Sep. 26th at 1pm, Oct. 9th at 6pm, and Oct. 20th at 2pm.
Please direct any questions about the conference to Anne G. Morgan, Literary Manager at (860) 443-5378 ext. 227 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.