BWW TV: 'Behind the Screams' of Goodspeed's SOMETHING'S AFOOT - Video Blog #2
Find out if the butler did it when Goodspeed Musicals brings intrigue and amusement to the Opera House stage with its production of the musical whodunit Something's Afoot. This hilarious musical send-up of Agatha Christie-style stumpers will complete Goodspeed's 2012 season, now running through December 9 at the Goodspeed Opera House in East Haddam, Conn. Something's Afoot will be sponsored by Webster Bank and Connecticut Light and Power.
BroadwayWorld has another video diary capturing some of the fun and unexpected momentsbehind the "screams" at Goodspeed. Check it out below!
The killer cast will feature Liz Pearce as Lettie. Ms. Pearce's Broadway credits include Billy Elliot: The Musical and her Goodspeed credits include City of Angels, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, and George M!. Flint will be played by Khris Lewin who appeared in Goodspeed's My One And Only. Clive will be played by Ron Wisniski of Goodspeed's A Funny Thing…Forum, Me and My Girl, Finian's Rainbow, Gotham!, andAnnie. Hope Langdon will be played by Julia Osborne who appeared in Goodspeed's Half a Sixpence and The Pirates of Penzance. Dr. Grayburn will be played by Peter Van Wagner of television's "Boardwalk Empire" and Goodspeed's Road to Hollywood and On The Twentieth Century. Nigel Rancour will be played by Benjamin Eakeley of Broadway's On a Clear Day You Can See Forever and Sweeney Todd. The role of Lady Manley-Prowe will be played by Drama Desk nominated actressLynne Wintersteller whose credits include Broadway's A Grand Night for Singing and the National Tours of Company andAnnie.
Goodspeed audience favorite Ed Dixon will play Colonel Gillweather. Miss Tweed will be played by Audrie Neenan of Broadway's Sister Act, Oklahoma!, Picnic, The Odd Couple, and The Curse of an Aching Heart. Geoffrey will be played by Hunter Ryan Herdlicka of Broadway's A Little Night Music. The understudies will be Madeleine Doherty, Alyssa Gagarin, and Bronson Norris Murphy.
Something's Afoot will be directed by Casey Hushion. Choreography will be by Vince Pesce. Scenic designs will be by Adrian W. Jones. Costumes will be designed by Tracy Christensen. Lighting design will be by Jason Lyons. Sound design will be by Jay Hilton. The Music Director for Something's Afoot will be Michael O'Flaherty who is in his 21st season as Goodspeed's Resident Music Director. William J. Thomas will be Assistant Music Director. Orchestrations will be provided by Dan DeLange.
Something's Afoot will run October 5 through December 9, 2012 [Official Press Opening October 24, 2012]. Curtain times are Wednesday at 2:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., Thursday at 7:30 p.m. (with select performances at 2:00 p.m.), Friday at 8:00 p.m., Saturday at 3:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m., and Sunday at 2:00 p.m. (with select performances at 6:30 p.m.).
Click Here to Play!
- BWW TV Exclusive: Come Look at the Freaks! Watch Highlights from La Jolla Playhouse's SIDE SHOW
- BWW TV: Baayork Lee, Maury Yeston & More Remember Marvin Hamlisch at WHAT HE DID FOR LOVE Premiere
- BWW TV: First Look at Highlights of CST's THE MERRY WIVES OF WINDSOR
- BWW TV: First Look at Highlights of Black Ensemble Theater's ONCE UPON A PEOPLE
- BWW TV: First Look at Highlights of ELF THE MUSICAL at TUTS!
- BWW TV: Jeremy Jordan, Krysta Rodriguez, Andy Mientus, Carrie Manolakos and More Talk HIT LIST at 54 Below; Plus Sneak Peek!
- BWW TV: Sneak Peek of Cirque Eloize's CIRKOPOLIS!
- BWW TV: Watch Highlights from Signature Theare's CHERI
- BWW TV: In Rehearsal with Brían F. O'Byrne, Debra Messing & the Company of MTC's OUTSIDE MULLINGAR
- BWW TV Exclusive: CUTTING-EDGE COMPOSERS CORNER - Blake Daniel Performs Will Reynolds' 'I Knew a Boy'