Cincinnati Ballet, Playhouse & More Unite to Spread Holiday Cheer in November & December
Cincinnati Ballet, Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park, Ensemble Theatre Cincinnati and The Children's Theatre of Cincinnati are joining together to spread holiday cheer across the Tristate with a number of special character appearances beginning Nov. 8.
Characters from Cincinnati Ballet's annual production of Frisch's Presents The Nutcracker; Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park's classic A Christmas Carol, presented by U.S. Bank; Ensemble Theatre Cincinnati's holiday production of Around the World in 80 Days, sponsored by Macy's; and The Children's Theatre of Cincinnati's production of The Day Before Christmas, also sponsored by Macy's, will come together at holiday events around the city throughout November.
The Character Crew will make appearances at the following holiday attractions:
· Friday, Nov. 8 (10 a.m. to 12 p.m.): Duke Energy Holiday Train Exhibit Ribbon Cutting, Cincinnati Museum Center at Union Terminal
· Friday, Nov. 8 (6 to 8 p.m.): Antique Christmas Celebration Event, Taft Museum of Art
· Saturday, Nov. 16 (11 a.m. to 1 p.m.): Greater Cincinnati Holiday Market, Duke Energy Convention Center
· Friday, Nov. 22 (6 to 9 p.m.): Festival of Lights Members' Preview, Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden
· Saturday, Nov. 23 (4:30 to 5:30 p.m.): Balluminaria, Eden Park's Mirror Lake
· Tuesday, Nov. 26 (6 p.m. to 8 p.m.): Light Up the Levee, Newport on the Levee
· Friday, Nov. 29 (11 a.m. to 1 p.m.): Tree Lighting and Santa Arrival, Cincinnati Museum Center at Union Terminal
· Saturday, Nov. 30 (5:45 to 7 p.m.): Downtown Dazzle, Fountain Square
Celebrating its 50th anniversary season, Cincinnati Ballet has been the cornerstone professional ballet company of the region, presenting a mix of important classical full-length ballets and an adventurous, vibrant mix of repertory ballets, regularly with live orchestral accompaniment. Cincinnati Ballet's mission is to inspire hope and joy in our community and beyond through the power and passion of dance. Returning Dec. 20 through Dec. 29, the beloved holiday tradition of Frisch's Presents The Nutcracker, performed since 1974, continues to delight children and adults alike. For more information, visit www.cballet.org.
The Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park has been offering local audiences the finest in professional theatre for more than 50 years. Winner of two Tony Awards, The Playhouse is nationally known for its commitment to new works and as an artistic home for America's best actors, directors and designers. Faithful storytelling and spellbinding special effects combine in The Playhouse's annual production of A Christmas Carol, one of the city's most popular family plays, which returns Nov. 27 through Dec. 29 for its 23rd year. For more information, visit www.cincyplay.com.
Now in its 28th season, Ensemble Theatre Cincinnati (ETC), located in historic Over-the-Rhine, is a professional theatre dedicated to producing world and regional premieres of works that often explore compelling social issues. This season marks the 16th year ETC has been presenting family-friendly musicals for the holidays.This season, ETC celebrates the long-awaited return of Around the World in 80 Days, one of its first commissioned musicals, Dec. 4 to Jan. 4. For more information, visit www.ensemblecincinnati.org.
The Children's Theatre of Cincinnati (TCTC) brings art to life for children and the young-at-heart through three key programs: MainStage at the Taft, ArtReach and Learning the Craft. Currently in its 89th year, TCTC serves nearly 200,000 children, families and schools each season. From Dec. 6 to 14, The Children's Theatre presents the holiday musical The Day Before Christmas. For more information, visit www.thechildrenstheatre.com.