YouTube Sensation Toby Turner Cast in Cartoon Network's ANNOYING ORANGE
Coming off of a successful New York Upfront presentation from a few weeks ago, television's #1 network with boys 6-11, continued to celebrate its 20th Anniversary by announcing today at its Upfront in Los Angeles, that it would soon begin streaming its content live across multiple platforms, including on-line at Cartoon Network.com, and for mobile viewers on the iPod Touch, iPhone and iPad. Along with the previously announced slate of new and returning series (see below), the network also announced that YouTube sensation, comedian/actor/songwriter Toby Turner would be joining the highly anticipated series, Annoying Orange.
"It is our commitment to the TV Everywhere strategy to let our audiences enjoy our shows whenever and wherever they want," said Stuart Snyder, president and COO, Turner Broadcasting's Animation, Young, Adults & Kids Media (AYAKM). "Soon, viewers will be able to catch Cartoon Network anywhere and everywhere - whether they are in front of their television or maybe even at the airport waiting for a flight, we will be available for viewers to experience the live telecast seamlessly."
Having its best first quarter with kids in prime in five years (up 30% vs. 2011) and showing the most gains compared to the competition in the kids space, Cartoon Network once more paid tribute to the past and present with a full orchestra playing classic Cartoon Network television theme songs, showcasing live voice-actor performances from the creative talent behind the hit animated comedy series Adventure Time and Regular Show.
Along with an appearance by Annoying Orange's newest cast member Toby Turner, entertainer and producer Nick Cannon talked to the audience about his upcoming live-action sketch comedy series and showed the audience the video, "Running Errands with Mom" which has already become a viral sensation.
Further details of Cartoon Network's programming announcements include the following:
CARTOON NETWORK NEW SERIES
· Nick Cannon Sketch Comedy Series: The series is a live-action, half-hour, sketch comedy show rooted in raw mischief, high energy and slapstick humor. You'll never know what will happen next! Some of the silliest kids you know will make up this wild comedy troupe led by teen stars Jeremy Shada (Adventure Time), Brandon Soo Hoo (Enders Game, Tropic Thunder), Shameik Moore (Joyful Noise), Shauna Case (American Horror Story) and Chanelle Peloso (Level Up). Nick Cannon will bring the funny as creator and executive producer along with executive producers Michael Goldman and Scott Tomlinson. The series is being produced by Cartoon Network Studios in association with NCredible Entertainment.
· Annoying Orange: Boasting more than 1 billion YouTube online views to date, Annoying Orange is the Web sensation transformed into A New Television series that follows Orange and his buddies as they go on a wide range of adventures that take them from the fruit stand to parts unknown and everything in between. The television series was developed and will be produced by The Collective. Dane Boedigheimer co-created the television series with Tom Sheppard (Emmy Award-winning writer for Pinky and the Brain). Conrad Vernon (director of Madagascar 3 and Monsters vs. Aliens) will serve as executive producer for the series along with Gary Binkow and Dan Weinstein of The Collective. The series will premiere on Cartoon Network this summer.
· DreamWorks Dragons: The Series: Picking up where the critically-acclaimed feature film, How to Train Your Dragon, left off, this weekly animated series follows the continuing adventures of Hiccup and his dragon Toothless on the island of Berk, along with the band of dragon trainers, all of whom now have dragons of their own! Through their training, the kids are finding out the cool things dragons can do. Not only will they learn more about their dragons, they'll also discover new ones and battle against enemies as they explore worlds they never dreamed existed. In addition, the talented cast from the feature film - Jay Baruchel (Hiccup), America Ferrera (Astrid), Christopher Mitz-Plasse (Fishlegs) and T.J. Miller (Tuffnut) - will lend their voices to the series, which is produced by Dreamworks Animation and premieres this fall.
· New LEGO Project: Following the instant ratings success of the CG-animated Ninjago, LEGO and Cartoon Network plan to expand their partnership with an all-new series from LEGO for 2013.
· Ben 10: Omniverse: In the brand-new animated series, Ben 10: Omniverse, Ben will have a new character design that pays homage to his past, and he'll have a whole new batch of aliens to battle. Beating the bad guys is just part of the superhero gig. With a little help from his new, by-the-book rookie partner, Ben explores the quirkier side of things in the alien underground and discovers enemies from his past looking for a re-match, all while a mysterious hunter is hot on his trail! With 10 new aliens at his disposal and a brand new lease on life, Ben 10 is back and more fun than ever! Ben 10: Omniverse is produced by Cartoon Network Studios with Matt Youngberg as supervising producer. The series will premiere on Cartoon Network this fall. Ben 10 is Cartoon Network's most successful original global franchise. Since the premiere of the original Ben 10 series, created by Man of Action Studios, in 2006, the franchise has spawned four animated series, one animated movie, two live-action movies, a CG movie, a feature film currently in development, a widely-popular consumer products line and has captured the imaginations of viewers on a worldwide scale.