Winner of Golf Channel's BIG BREAK FLORIDA Crowned
Jackie Stoelting (Vero Beach, Fla.) defeated Fiamma Felitch (Oklahoma City, Okla.), 4&3 in the championship match on Monday's season finale of Big Break Florida, Golf Channel's 21st season of its competition franchise.
Contested at the Oak Marsh Golf Course at Omni Amelia Island Plantation, Stoelting controlled the championship match from the outset, building a 5-up lead through the first eight holes. She maintained her lead over Felitch and two-putted the par-4 15th hole to close out the match 4&3.
"It means the world to me, I'm just so thankful and I can't believe it," said an emotional Stoelting following the conclusion of the match. "This is a rollercoaster. I played really well and this is going to change my life."
As champion of Big Break Florida, Stoelting will receive an invitation to compete in the LPGA Tour's 2014 Manulife Financial LPGA Classic, June 5-8. In addition, she will receive:
· $65,000 in cash, including $5,000 courtesy of Dick's Sporting Goods and $10,000 courtesy of Macanudo.
· Full, exempt status to the 2015 Symetra Tour season with all entry fees paid.
· An endorsement contract from Adams Golf, including $10,000 in cash.
· $10,000 in car rental credit courtesy of Avis Car Rental.
· $13,000 in travel credit courtesy of Travelocity.
· A four-day, three-night stay at any Omni golf resort in the United States.
As a result of winning challenge prizes during the course of the series, Stoelting also earned:
· Custom hybrids courtesy of Adams Golf.
· $4,000 in travel credit courtesy of Travelocity.
· $7,500 courtesy of Macanudo.
· A three-day, two-night return trip to Omni Amelia Island Plantation.
Felitch earned the following challenge prizes during the course of the series:
· $10,000 courtesy of Macanudo.
· $2,500 in car rental credit courtesy of Avis Car Rental.
· $2,000 in travel credit courtesy of Travelocity.
Stoelting has been riding a wave of momentum on the golf course as of late. In 2013, she qualified and made the cut in the prestigious U.S. Women's Open in June, and in December, earned conditional LPGA status for 2014 by finishing T38 during Stage III of LPGA Q School. She has focused her 2014 season on the Symetra Tour thus far, which has included three top-10 finishes and currently stands in sixth place on the Volvik Race for the Card Money List. She will make her 2014 LPGA debut at the Manulife Financial LPGA Classic in June as a result of winning Big Break Florida.