tv.broadwayworld.com

RATINGS WATCH Articles
Click Here for More Articles on RATINGS WATCH...

WORLD NEWS is No. 1 Newscast in Key News Demo

Related: WORLD NEWS WITH DIANE SAWYER, ABC
WORLD NEWS is No. 1 Newscast in Key News Demo

For the week of Dec. 3, WORLD NEWS WITH Diane Sawyer averaged 7.93 million Total Viewers and a 1.7 rating/7 share/2.05 million in Adults 25-54, according to Nielsen. For the 2nd week in a row and the 6th time in the last 7 weeks, "World News" grew its overall audience year to year (+1% - 7.88 million on w/o 12/5/11). In fact, it was the only evening newscast grow its Total Viewer count over the year-ago week, as both "CBS Evening News" (-3%) and "NBC Nightly News" (-4%) were down.

On Thursday (12/6/12), "World News" finished as the most-watched evening newscast in Adults 25-54, outperforming "NBC Nightly News" by +12,000 demo viewers (2.044 million vs. 2.032 million).

"World News" cut its week-to-week margin with "NBC Nightly News" by -5% in Total Viewers (965,000 vs. 1.02 million), while slashing its margin in Adults 25-54 nearly in half (-45% - 234,000 vs. 422,000) to post its smallest news demo gap with the NBC program in 2 months – since w/o 10/8/12.

"World News" decreased its year-ago gaps with "NBC Nightly News" by double digits in both Total Viewers (-28% - 965,000 vs. 1.35 million) and Adults 25-54 (-42% - 234,000 vs. 401,000), narrowing it year-to-year Total Viewing margin with the NBC newscast for the 4th time in the last 5 weeks.

Season-to-date, "World News" has increased its Total Viewing audience (+1% - 7.78 million vs. 7.73 million) compared to the same point last season, drawing its most-watched season in 3 years – since the 2009-10 season. In addition, "World News" has narrowed its Total Viewer gap (-23%) with "NBC Nightly News" by double-digits for the second year in a row to post its smallest gap (719,000) with the NBC program in 4 years– since the 2008-09 season. "World News" outperformed "CBS Evening News" by 1.40 million Viewers and 213,000 Adults 25-54.

EVENING NEWS (Week of December 3, 2012)

 

  

Total Viewers

Adults 25-54

Households

ABC

7,930,000

1.7/7; 2,054,000

5.4/11

NBC

8,895,000

1.9/7; 2,288,000

6.0/11

CBS

6,530,000

1.6/6; 1,841,000

4.5/ 8

Source: The Nielsen Company, NTI Total Viewers and Adults 25-54 Live + SD weeks of 12/3/12, 11/26/12 & 12/5/11.  Most Current - 2011-2012 Season (9/24 – 12/9/12) and 2011-2012 Season (9/19 – 12/4/11).  All averages based on regular telecasts.

Related Articles


Related Links
VIDEO: Sneak Peek at Sunday's ONCE UPON A TIME on ABCVIDEO: Sneak Peek at Sunday's ONCE UPON A TIME on ABC
November 26, 2014
Scoop: LIVE WITH KELLY AND MICHAEL - Week of 12/1Scoop: LIVE WITH KELLY AND MICHAEL - Week of 12/1
by TV Scoop - November 26, 2014
VIDEO: Pitbull Performs Hit Single 'Fireball' on THE VIEWVIDEO: Pitbull Performs Hit Single 'Fireball' on THE VIEW
November 26, 2014
Scoop: WHOSE LINE IS IT ANYWAY? on THE CW - Thursday, December 18, 2014Scoop: WHOSE LINE IS IT ANYWAY? on THE CW - Thursday, December 18, 2014
by TV Scoop - November 26, 2014
ABC's DANCING WITH THE STARS Finale Jumps to Season HighsABC's DANCING WITH THE STARS Finale Jumps to Season Highs
November 26, 2014


About Author

Subscribe to Author Alerts

BLOGS
Spoiler Alert! Recap and Review: What Did We Learn from THE MAKING OF PETER PAN LIVE!?Spoiler Alert!: What Did We Learn from THE MAKING OF PETER PAN LIVE!? BWW Interview: Ricky Ubeda & Valerie Rockey Chat SYTYCD Tour, Living in Close Quarters,  Future Plans
BWW Interview: Ricky & Valerie Chat SYTYCD Tour, Future Career Plan

Become a Fan, Follower & Subscriber

   
Advertisement