USA Network is #1 Cable Network for 29th Consecutive Quarter
USA is pacing to win 3Q13 for an eighth consecutive third quarter in all key demos, as well an unprecedented 29th consecutive quarter as the #1 ad-supported cable entertainment network in prime among total viewers, beating the nearest competitor by double-digits in that demo.
· USA was the #1 ad-supported cable network for the eighth third quarter in a row among P18-49 (1.12 million, +13% more than #2 TBS), P25-54 (1.16 million, +22% more than #2 TBS) and total viewers (2.97 million, +18% more than #2 DSNY) for 3Q13. USA also delivered the quarter's top P18-34 audience (554,000, +3% more than #2 TBS).
· 3Q13 marks the 29th consecutive quarter that USA has been the #1 ad-supported cable entertainment network in total viewers.
USA's win was driven by the network's powerful slate of originals - SUITS, BURN NOTICE, GRACELAND, ROYAL PAINS, Covert Affairs and Necessary Roughness - each averaging over 3 million total viewers, 1.5 million P25-54, 1 million P18-49 and half a million P18-34, as well as the mighty WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW and the most-watched "off-net" series on cable, NCIS and LAW & ORDER: SPECIAL VICTIMS UNIT.
· Freshman drama Graceland was one of the top new scripted shows on cable in P18-49 for the summer, as well as television's top scripted series with original episodes Thursdays in P18-34. When the show aired on Thursdays at 10pm, USA was behind only ABC and NBC in all of television in delivering P18-49, P25-54 and P18-34 as well as Being the most watched network on cable in total viewers.
· The Emmy-award nominated drama Burn Notice had USA's second most watched series finale ever (only behind MONK), among P18-49, P25-54 and total viewers.
· WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW continued to dominate in 3Q13 averaging over 2 million in the demos and nearly 4.5 million total viewers.
· NCIS and LAW & ORDER: SPECIAL VICTIMS UNIT were the top two acquired dramas in prime this summer and the only ones to deliver over 2 million total viewers (NCIS 2.59 million / SVU 2.08 million) as well as Being the #1 acquired dramas for P18-49 (649,000 / 783,000), P25-54 (775,000 / 756,000) and P18-34 (279,000 / 443,000).
USA's fourth quarter brings the season five premiere of White Collar on its new night and time, Thursday, October 17 at 9/8, as well as the final six episodes of Covert Affairs season four, also on its new night and time at 10/9c. On Friday, November 1, just in time for the holidays, the reality series event IT TAKES A CHOIR premieres, hosted by the dapper and charismatic British sensation Gareth Malone. And on Sunday, December 15, a holiday treat that fans of the hit show Psych have been highly anticipating, a special two-hour PSYCH: THE MUSICAL.
Note: Data reflect time period data with the most current combination of Live+7 (7/1-9/8), Live+3 (9/9-9/18) and Live+SD (9/19-9/21); program data are the most current combination of Live+7 (7/1-9/8) and Live+SD (9/9-9/19). Exception: Burn Notice 2nd best series finale claim LS.