UPDATE: Harrison Ford's Injury May Be Slightly More Serious Than Originally Thought
As BWW reported last week, Harrison Ford was injured on the set of Disney and LucasFilm's highly anticipated STAR WARS: EPISODE VII. According to Disney, the actor was hospitalized in London following an injury which occured during filming on Wednesday.
Today it was reported that the injury may be slightly more serious than originally thought. The 71-year-old's son, Ben told Access Hollywood that his father may now need a plate and screws put into his ankle which was reportedly hurt by part of a door of the Millennium Falcon at Pinewood Studios. He also believes that filming on the latest installment of the space saga could be altered slightly to give the crew time to film the actor from the waist up until he recovers fully.
UK's The Mirror is also reporting that the actor may be given six to eight weeks off from shooting in order to recover and the schedule would be changed to accommodate his time off.
Their source says: "The initial day or two after the accident it was hard to move things around but now we have had more time we can juggle things, bring some scenes forward and push others back. There are lots other actors in the movie so it is not a disaster. We are still confident the film can stay on schedule."
Another spokesman, for Ford's wife Calista Flockhart, tells The Telegraph that Flockhart arrived in the UK over the weekend to visit with her husband.