Click Here for Articles About UP ALL NIGHT
UP ALL NIGHT Jumps by 27% & THE OFFICE Delivers Biggest Audience Since 9/20
|NBC to Reboot LIFESTYLES OF THE RICH AND FAMOUS With Nick Cannon|
November 12, 2014
|BWW Recap: 'It's Complicated' on Tonight's SELFIE!|
October 07, 2014
|Fox Broadcasting Company Reorganizes Programming Team|
March 11, 2014
|FOX Broadcasting Reworks Its Programming Team|
March 10, 2014
|Related: UP ALL NIGHT, NBC|
Thursday Results (ABC carried NFL football in San Francisco):
* At 8 p.m. ET, 30 ROCK delivered a 1.3/4 in 18-49 and 3.3 million viewers overall, maintaining its rating of the prior week in a highly competitive half-hour versus CBS's BIG BANG THEORY, ABC's LAST RESORT and Fox's Baseball Playoffs.
* Note that last season 30 ROCK added an average 45 percent to these next-day "live plus same day" ratings when Nielsen reported "live plus seven day" results.
* At 8:30 p.m. ET, UP ALL NIGHT (1.4/4 in 18-49, 3.2 million viewers overall) jumped week to week by 27 percent in 18-49 rating (to a 1.4 from a 1.1) and 12 percent in total viewers (3.240 million vs. 2.883 million) in a highly competitive time period versus CBS's TWO AND A HALF MEN, Fox's Baseball Playoffs and ABC's LAST RESORT.
* UP ALL NIGHT is currently building on its 18-49 lead-in by 8 percent, the show's top performance relative to lead-in so far this season, and also built on lead-in by 18 percent in adults 18-34 (with a 1.3 rating vs. a 1.1). The only other 8:30 comedy on ABC, CBS, NBC or Fox this season to build on its 18-49 lead-in has been NBC's GUYS WITH KIDS.
* Keep in mind that last season, UP ALL NIGHT added an average 51 percent to these next-day "live plus same day" ratings when Nielsen reported "live plus seven day" results, the biggest percentage increase for any comedy on ABC, CBS, NBC or Fox.
* From 9-9:31 p.m. ET, THE OFFICE (2.0/6 in 18-49, 4.3 million viewers overall) delivered its biggest overall audience since September 20. "The Office" built on last night's lead-in by 43 percent in 18-49 rating and 32 percent in total viewers in a competitive time period versus ABC's GREY'S ANATOMY, CBS's PERSON OF INTEREST and Fox's Baseball Playoffs. This week's OFFICE is #1 in the half-hour among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in men 18-34.
* Note that last season THE OFFICE added an average 50 percent to these next-day "live plus same day" ratings when Nielsen reported "live plus seven day" results.
* From 9:31-10 p.m. ET, PARKS AND RECREATION (1.6/4 in 18-49, 3.4 million viewers overall) retained 80 percent of its lead-in from THE OFFICE, up from last season's average of 77 percent in this slot. In a challenging time period versus the concluding half-hours of ABC's GREY'S ANATOMY and CBS's PERSON OF INTEREST, as well as Fox's Baseball Playoffs, PARKS is currently ranking #1 among those networks in men 18-34 (pending updates).
* Keep in mind that last season PARKS AND RECREATION added an average 39 percent to these next-day "live plus same day" ratings when Nielsen reported "live plus seven day" results.
* At 10 p.m. ET, ROCK CENTER delivered a 0.9/3 in 18-49 and 3.4 million viewers overall opposite Fox Baseball Playoffs, as well as the time period's regular competition of CBS's ELEMENTARY and ABC's SCANDAL.
In Late-Night Metered Markets Thursday night:
* In Nielsen's 56 metered markets, household results were: THE TONIGHT SHOW WITH Jay Leno, 2.3/6 with an encore telecast; CBS's LATE SHOW WITH DAVID LETTERMAN, 3.3/9 with an encore; and ABC's combo of NIGHTLINE, 3.0/7; and Jimmy KimmelLIVE, 1.6/5.
* In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, adult 18-49 results were: THE TONIGHT SHOW WITH Jay Leno, 0.6/3 with an encore; LATE SHOW, 0.9/4 with an encore; NIGHTLINE, 1.0/4; and Jimmy Kimmel LIVE, 0.6/4.
* At 12:35 a.m., LATE NIGHT WITH Jimmy Fallon (1.2/4 in metered-market households with an encore) trailed CBS's first-run LATE LATE SHOW WITH Craig Ferguson (1.7/6). In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, LATE NIGHT (0.4/3 in 18-49 with an encore) trailed LATE LATE SHOW (0.5/4).
* At 1:35 a.m., LAST CALL WITH Carson Daly, averaged a 0.8/3 in metered-market households with an encore and a 0.2/2 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with local people meters.
NOTE: All ratings are "live plus same day" from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise indicated.