Travel Channel Announces New 'Travel Channel Cities' App
Beginning today, users who download Travel Channel's award-winning app will have more cities, more shows, more content and better navigation and functionality. Updated with these multiple user-friendly added benefits, the app will now be known as "Travel Channel Cities" (formerly known as "Travel Channel Layover Guide").
The free app, available on the App Store for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, now features 24 cities around the world, including four new cities: Austin, Boston, Las Vegas and Washington, D.C. Users can now access nearly 1,200 points-of-interest and video from additional popular Travel Channel series including "Adam Richman's Best Sandwich in America," "Bizarre Foods America," "Burger Land," "Destination Showdown," "Food Paradise," "Man V. Food, " "Monumental Mysteries," "Mysteries at the Museum" and "Trip Flip."
"We have made major enhancements to an app that has already won many accolades, including the 2012 App Store 'Hidden Gem' designation and the 2013 Digiday Mobi award for 'Best Mobile Creative.' The 'Cities' app delivers curated content, expert advice and great functionality for Travel Channel fans seeking surprising and off-the-beaten-path experiences," said Shannon O'Neill, SVP and CFO, Travel Channel.
The updated app (which will update automatically for existing "Layover" app users) will include The Following new and/or enhanced features:
· Four new cities have been added to the app, comprising dozens of exciting new points of interest: hotels, restaurants, bars, shopping, and other must-dos.
· For each city, users may build their own itinerary from the various points-of-interest in the app. The itinerary and corresponding map output will adjust dynamically with each new change.
· The app features iCloud syncing between any iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, so that users can plan their adventure on one device, then live it on-the-ground using the other.
· 'Inspiration' content - city overview videos, suggested books and movies, music playlists - is now at the forefront, whenever a user dives into a chosen city.
· Users will be able to filter Points-Of-Interests by type (Do, Eat, Drink...) and/or by show.
· The updated visual look and feel is clean and compelling, embracing many of the best new features of iOS 7.
· In-app web browsing allows users to navigate from app content to any point of interest web site, and back.
The Travel Channel Cities App is available for free from the App Store on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch or at www.AppStore.com/TravelChannelCities.
TRAVEL CHANNEL (http://www.TravelChannel.com) is a multiplatform travel lifestyle brand with the core mission of providing inspiring and compelling programming that takes viewers beyond their everyday destinations, making the unfamiliar familiar, whether it's around the world or around the block. A dual feed network that is also available in HD, Travel Channel is the world's leading travel media brand, and is available in over 94 million U.S. cable homes. Owned and operated by Scripps Networks Interactive (NYSE: SNI), Travel Channel has offices in Chevy Chase, MD, and New York, NY. Scripps Networks Interactive (NYSE: SNI) also owns and operates HGTV, DIY Network, Food Network, Cooking Channel and Great American Country.
More On: Travel Channel, The Following, Cooking Channel.