The Hub TV Network to Celebrate Halloween with Tricks & Treats, 10/31
This Halloween, The Hub TV Network gets into the "spirit" with a full lineup of spooky and fun Halloween-themed movies, TV series and specials. The centerpiece of the network's October 31 programming slate is a special two-hour marathon of the award-winning R.L. STINE'S THE HAUNTING HOUR: THE SERIES (4-6 p.m. ET). The marathon showcases four of the scariest episodes from all three seasons of the Hub Original Series, starring popular young Hollywood actors including Rico Rodriguez (MODERN FAMILY) and Dakota Goyo (REAL STEEL).
The tricks and treats continue with spine-tingling Halloween-themed episodes of favorite live-action and animated Hub series including THE ADVENTURES OF CHUCK & FRIENDS, TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS, SABRINA THE TEENAGE WITCH, POUND PUPPIES, and GOOSEBUMPS. When darkness sets in, the network's primetime programming schedule will feature super spooky episodes of ALF, MORK & MINDY, FACTS OF LIFE, and HERCULES: THE LEGENDARY JOURNEYS.
The Hub will also present the family-favorite Halloween movie ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNKS MEET THE WOLFMAN (noon-2 p.m. ET), as well as the Hub TV Special THE HAUNTED PUMPKIN OF SLEEPY HOLLOW (10-11 a.m. ET), an hour-long animated special inspired by Washington Irving's classic tale THE LEGEND OF SLEEPY HOLLOW.
On Monday, October 29 (4-6 p.m. ET), viewers will be treated to a special two-hour marathon of four back-back episodes of TRUTH OR SCARE, a ghostly live-action series hosted by Michelle Trachtenberg (BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER) that goes deep into The Shadows to explore haunted houses, mythical beasts, and ancient legends around the globe.
Fans of SABRINA, THE TEENAGE WITCH will be treated to a special four-episode Halloween-themed marathon of 'spook-tacular' proportions on Tuesday, October 30 (10 a.m.-noon ET) following everyone's favorite witch Sabrina Sellman (Melissa Joan Hart) as a teenager with magical powers living with her two aunts and their magical talking cat Salem.
A full listing of Halloween programming for October 31 follows (all times ET):
(6:30-7 a.m.) THE ADVENTURES OF CHUCK & FRIENDS - "Ghost Stories: Charlie the Screwdriver - Before Chuck's Halloween party, a mystery "ghost" leads Chuck & Friends on a spooky chase to discover who's inside the costume.
(8:30-9 a.m.) TRANSFORMERS ANIMATED - "Along Came a Spider" - While Bumblebee and Bulkhead are experiencing their first Halloween with Sari, they are confronted by the spider-like Decepticon Blackarachnia.
(9:30-10 a.m.) TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS - "The Haunting of Griffin Rock" - Ghosts from Griffin Rock's past start haunting and terrorizing its residents.
(10-11 a.m.) Hub TV Special: THE HAUNTED PUMPKIN OF SLEEPY HOLLOW - Inspired by Washington Irving's classic short story "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow," this hour-long animated special follows friends Nick and Katie who are on a mission to find the biggest and best pumpkin in the patch.
(11 a.m.-noon) SABRINA - THE TEENAGE WITCH
· "The Halloween Scene" (11-11:30 a.m.) Sabrina creates the event of the year when she rents real monsters from the Other Realm to spice up her Halloween party.
· "Murder on the Halloween Express" (11:30 a.m.-noon) Sabrina takes her friends on the Halloween Mystery Train, but discovers too late that they've boarded the Other Realm Express!
(Noon-2 p.m.) Hub Family Movie: ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNKS MEET THE WOLFMAN, Strange things are happening in the Chipmunks' neighborhood after their spooky new neighbor moves in.
(2-2:30 p.m.) POUND PUPPIES - "Nightmare on Pound Street" - It's Halloween and while McLeish is charged with taking care of his niece and nephew, the puppies have to place a sweet but scary looking dog.
(4-6 p.m.) R.L. STINE'S HAUNTING HOUR: THE SERIES - The Hub presents a marathon off four back-to-back episodes from the popular children's anthology series "R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour: The Series" based on the master of kids spooky storytelling, R.L. Stine.
· "Pumpkinhead" (4-4:30 p.m.) A series of disappearing kids around Halloween doesn't dampen Dave's (Frankie Jonas, "Jonas" TV series) festive spirit, as he and his two older siblings visit a spooky pumpkin patch.
· "Best Friend Forever" (4:30-5 p.m.) To prove that Jack (Nolan Gould, "Modern Family") is responsible enough to take care of a pet that won't die, he finds a pet... that's already dead!
· "Flight" (5-5:30 p.m.) On Josh's first-ever trip on a plane, he's shocked to find that the Grim Reaper flies coach too! Guest starring Dakota Goyo (Real Steel).
· "The Weeping Woman" (5:30-6 p.m.) Rico Rodriguez ("Modern Family") stars as a boy who learns the scary folk tale of the child-stealing river witch, "La Llorona."
(6-7 p.m.) GOOSEBUMPS - "The Haunted Mask II" - This Halloween, Steve wants to have the scariest costume on the block. He picks out a mask that looks like an evil old man with stringy, white hair and a wrinkled face, but when Steve puts it on, he suddenly feels old, tired, and sort of evil...
(8-9 p.m.) ALF The Hub presents two back-to-back episodes of ALF which follow the adventures of Gordon Shumway, a furry, wisecracking alien from the planet Melmac who crash lands into the garage of the Tanner family.
· "Some Enchanted Evening" (8-8:30 p.m.) ALF tries to convince Willie and Kate to let him go trick-or-treating on Halloween, but the Tanners are concerned their neighbors might discover ALF's "natural" costume is not really a disguise at all!
· "Lookin' Through the Windows" (8:30-9 p.m.) While spying on the neighbors having an argument next door, ALF sees Mr. Ochmonek approach his wife with an ice pick and suspects he's trying to kill her.
(9-9:30 p.m.) THE FACTS OF LIFE - "The Halloween Show" - Halloween hysteria sets in when a customer mysteriously disappears and the girls fear that Edna May have ground him into her famous homemade bratwurst.
(9:30-10 p.m.) MORK & MINDY - "A Morkyville Horror" - Mork and Mindy are in for a spirited Halloween when familiar ghosts from Mindy's past create hilarious havoc in the house.
(10-11 p.m.) HERCULES: THE LEGENDARY JOURNEYS - "Darkness Visible" - Hercules and Iolaus are summoned by an old friend, Vlad, to fight vampires, only to discover that they are to be his next victims.
About The Hub TV Network
THE HUB is a multi-platform joint venture between Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) and Hasbro, Inc., with a goal of entertaining, enlightening, empowering and educating children and their families. The cable and satellite television network features original programming as well as content from Discovery's library of award-winning children's educational programming; from Hasbro's rich portfolio of entertainment and educational properties built during the past 90 years; and from leading third-party producers worldwide. The Hub lineup includes animated and live-action series, as well as specials, game shows, and family-favorite movies. The network extends its content through a robust and engaging online presence at www.hubworld.com. The Hub rebranded from Discovery Kids on October 10, 2010, and is available in more than 70 million U.S. households. The Hub logo and name are trademarks of Hub Television Networks, LLC. All rights reserved.
To find the channel in your area, please visit http://www.hubworld.com and check the channel locator at the top of the page.
Visit The Hub on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/hubtvnetwork