TV One to Premiere New Docu-Series DECEIVED, 3/25
|George Lopez to Host THE WORLD DOG AWARDS on The CW, 1/15|
December 15, 2014
|Aiken Supporters Not Impressed with Announcement of Campaign Reality TV Show|
November 08, 2014
|Poker Player Phil Ivey to Appear on 60 MINUTES SPORTS Tomorrow|
October 06, 2014
|BWW Recap: SONS OF ANARCHY Turns a Porn Party into an Assassination|
September 10, 2014
|Related: DECEIVED, TV One|
Taking a cue from recent headlines of love gone wrong, TV One delves into the lives of victims who have fallen prey to con artists, charlatans and thieves when new series DECEIVED, premieres Monday, March 25, 9PM/ET. Joining the network's successful docu-series line-up, including Life After and Celebrity Crime Files, Deceived tells the real-life stories of men and women who have been betrayed by someone they trusted through the victims' testimony, re-enactments, and interviews with close family members and friends.
"With so many unfortunate examples of romantic Deception prevalent in today's pop culture narrative, such as the recent Manti Te'o scenario, Deceived further illuminates the theme of emotional vulnerability falling prey to deceptive behavior," commented Toni Judkins, Executive Vice President of Programming and Production. "Given our audience's interest in docu-series storytelling, we are confident that Deceived will make a strong addition to TV One's growing original programming lineup."
Season one of Deceived will explore The Following real-life tales of fraud and treachery:
· Doctor of Deceit -- a woman is deceived by a charming man posing as a doctor from Chicago.
· False Profit -- a pastor with an appealing real estate investment opportunity cons hundreds of churches out of money, revealing him as a man of greed, rather than a man of God.
· Till Death Do us Part -- a woman learns of her husband's sinister plans to solve their marital troubles.
· Badge of Dishonor - a man posing as a police officer brings corruption and villainy to an unsuspecting town.
· Sweetheart Swindler - a smooth-talking lothario convinces a woman to sell her home and share all of her assets which soon begin to disappear.
· Double Played -- an athlete with star potential is conned by local sports agents with whom he placed his trust and money.
· Thou Shall not Steal - a woman steals thousands of dollars from her local church and vanishes, leaving behind a family in search of answers.
Deceived is produced for TV One by Juma Entertainment. Executive producers from Juma Entertainment are Robert Horowitz and Lewis Fenton. Co-executive producer is Donna Wilson and executive in charge of production for Juma Entertainment is Melissa Calheno. TV One executive in charge of production is Craig Henry.
Launched in January 2004, TV One (www.tvone.tv)serves more than 57.3 million households, offering a broad range of real-life and entertainment-focused original programming, classic series, movies, and music designed to entertain, inform and inspire a diverse audience of adult Black viewers. In December 2008, the company launched TV One High Def, which now serves 14 million households. TV One is owned by Radio One [NASDAQ: ROIA and ROIAK; www.radio-one.com], the largest radio company that primarily targets African American and urban listeners; and Comcast Corporation [NASDAQ: CMCSA, CMCSK); www.comcast.com], one of the nation's leading providers of entertainment, information and communications products and services.