TODAY Closes Ratings Gap with GOOD MORNING AMERICA
NBC's TODAY continues to gain momentum and post significant ratings growth. For the week of August 18, TODAY posted its narrowest total viewer margin with GMA in seven weeks (since the week of 6/30/14). TODAY has cut the total viewer gap with GMA for four straight weeks.
Season to date, TODAY continues to close the total viewer gap with GMA versus last season. Of the morning shows, TODAY has posted the largest growth in total viewers season to season gaining nearly 300k. TODAY ranks as the #1 morning news broadcast in A18-49 for the season.
- TODAY's P2+ gap vs. GMA narrowed for the 4thconsecutive week, with TODAY pulling to its closest margin in seven weeks (since the week of 6/30/2014).
- TODAY is posting season-to-season P2+ growth of +279k viewers, most among the morning news shows
- Season to date, TODAY has closed the total viewers gap by 25k versus last season
- Among A25-54 viewers, TODAY has grown +95k STD
- TODAY saw its best A18-49 viewer deliveries in over two months (since the week of 6/9/2014)
Week of August 18
NBC 3.2 13 4359 1.4 1622
CBS 2.1 8 2858 0.7 880
ABC 3.7 15 4849 1.5 1773