THE TODAY SHOW Continues Ratings Growth
March 20, 2014 - NBC's TODAY continues to gain momentum and deliver substantial ratings growth. For the week of March 10, TODAY slashed the total viewer gap with GMA versus the prior week by 263k. Out of all of the morning shows, TODAY delivered the most total viewer growth year-to-year. TODAY also posted across-the-board gains year-to-year and season-to-date in all ratings categories.
· For the week, TODAY narrowed the total viewer gap by 263k compared to the prior week
· For the week, TODAY was the #1 morning news program in A18-49
· TODAY posted 16% growth in total viewers year-to-year, the most growth out of all of the morning shows. GMA posted 12% and CBS posted 15%.
· TODAY posted across-the-board gains year-to-year in all categories:
· Total viewers (+16%, or +675K), A25-54 (+12% or +217K), A18-49 (+14%, or +200K), and A55+ (+19%, or +417K)
· TODAY has also increased its season-to-date delivery among categories:
· Total viewers (+11%, or +528K), A25-54 (+12% or +227K), A18-49 (+19%, or +268K), and A55+ (+10%, or +242K)
Week of 03/10/2014
NET HH HH P2+ A25-54 RTG A25-54 (000)
NBC 3.6 14 4909 1.7 2033
CBS 2.3 9 2982 0.8 959
ABC 4.2 16 5634 1.9 2248
Don Nash is the executive producer of TODAY (Monday-Friday, 7-11 a.m.).