Simon Pegg Stars in THE WORLD'S END, Coming to Blu-ray Combo Pack 11/19
Five middle-aged friends set out to relive a beer-fueled odyssey from their youth, and end up in an epic battle to save humankind in the outrageous comedy The World's End, available on Blu-ray Combo Pack, including Blu-ray, DVD and Digital HD with UltraViolet, DVD and On Demand on November 19, 2013, from Universal Studios Home Entertainment.Now fans can truly watch The World's End anywhere, on any device!
Directed by Edgar Wright (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz), The World's End's irresistible humor has made it the toast of film reviewers across the nation. Labeled "sheer comic perfection!" by Peter Travers of Rolling Stone and called "Hilarious!" by Entertainment Weekly's Chris Nashawaty, The World's End stars Simon Pegg (Star Trek Into Darkness, Paul) and Nick Frost (Snow White and the Huntsman, Paul). This is the third and final film in Wright's The Ultimate Three Flavors Cornetto Trilogy, which also features hits Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz starring Pegg and Frost, available exclusively on Blu-ray November 19 th.
The World's End also stars Paddy Considine (The Bourne Ultimatum), Martin Freeman (The Hobbit), Eddie Marsan (Sherlock Holmes), and Rosamund Pike (Jack Reacher). The Blu-ray Combo Pack serves up more than two hours of bonus content, including a gag reel, feature commentary with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, and an insider's look at the making of the funniest reunion picture ever made.
The Blu-ray Combo Pack of The World's End includes a Blu-ray, DVD and Digital HD with UltraViolet.
- Blu-ray unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring 6X the picture resolution of DVD, exclusive extras and theater-quality surround sound.
- DVD offers the flexibility and convenience of playing movies in more places, both at home and away.
- DIGITAL HD with UltraViolet lets fans watch movies anywhere, on their favorite devices. Users can instantly stream or download movies to watch on iPad , iPhone , Android, smart TVs, connected Blu-ray players, game consoles, and more.
Bonus Features Exclusive to The World's End Blu-ray:
- Cast Commentary with stars Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, and Paddy Considine
- Technical Commentary with director Edgar Wright and director of photography Bill Pope
- Filling in the Blanks: The Stunts and FX of The World's End Cast and crew discuss the prowess of The World's End stunt and VFX teams. Watch rehearsals of intricate fight scenes choreographed by some of the movies' best stuntmen. Learn how the VFX team enhances the existing footage to perfect the film's look and style.
- Hair and Make-Up Tests
- Rehearsal Footage
- Stunt Tapes Behind-the-scenes of the bathroom fight, the twinbot fight and the beehive fight
- VFX Breakdown VFX Supervisor Frazer Churchill compares production footage with final shots to take viewers behind the veil of the outrageous visual effects sequences.
- There's Only One Gary King - osymyso's Inibri-8 Megamix A mash-up of Gary King's (Pegg) best moments.
- The Man Who Would Be (Gary) King
- Signs & Omens A film clip montage highlighting all the hidden clues and hints throughout the film.
- Edgar & Simon's Flip Chart Writers Edgar Wright & Simon Pegg bring back the trusty flip chart to reveal their step-by-step process of creating the story.
- Deleted Scene, Outtakes, Alternate Edits and more!
Bonus Features on The World's End Blu-ray and DVD:
- Completing the Golden Mile - The Making of The World's End While on the surface The World's End looks like a movie about a bunch of old friends getting drunk on a pub crawl, it's actually about much more. Look through the eyes of these frequent collaborators at the depth of the themes and the relationships between characters.
- Feature Commentary with Screenwriters Edgar Wright & Simon Pegg
Bonus Features Exclusive to The Ultimate Three Flavors Cornetto Trilogy Blu-ray:
- Interactive Screenplays for The World's End, Hot Fuzz, and Shaun of the Dead
THE WORLD'S END SYNOPSIS:
Simon Pegg and Nick Frost reteam with director Edgar Wright (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz) in this wildly entertaining thrill ride that critics call "funny as hell" (Richard Roeper, WLS-AM Chicago) and "sheer comic perfection" (Peter Travers, Rolling Stone). Twenty years after their first epic pub crawl attempt, the "five musketeers" reunite in their home town to complete the ultimate challenge one night, five friends, twelve bars a boozy quest on which only the strongest will survive. But after a bizarre series of encounters with the out-of-this-world locals, they soon realize that reaching their final pub, The World's End, may be the least of their troubles. They're having the time of their lives, ready to take on the world but tonight they may have to save it.