Scoop: WHAT WOULD YOU DO? on ABC - Friday, July 25, 2014
Friday, July 25 scenarios Include:
• At a café that displays fine art on the walls with prices displayed next to them, a mother is there with her young daughter who is drawing with markers. When the mom runs to the restroom, the young artist quickly turns her marker from the paper in front of her to the painting on the café wall. What will people do? When mom returns how will people react when she tries to leave without telling the staff what happened?
• Will any bystanders warn drivers that they are about to leave their car with a drunk valet attendant (a "What Would You Do?" actor) who should not be behind the wheel?
• When a waiter/bartender refuses to serve a homeless man, even though another woman leaves money to cover his food bill, will anyone intervene? (OAD: 9/14/12)
• A man walks into a café and orders an incredibly complicated drink, clearly overwhelming the barista. When she hands him the drink, the customer claims it's not correct and demands another one, becoming very rude and insulting. Will anyone in line for their own coffee defend our barista in distress? (OAD: 6/7/13)
• What would you do if you encountered the meanest, laziest barista you've ever seen? She gets your name wrong, she rolls her eyes, she can't make a latte, and what you ordered is never what you receive. As her customer service becomes worse and worse, will anyone defend our customers' right for an iced chai latte? (OAD: 6/7/13)
"What Would You Do?" has won awards from the Chicago International Television Festival and the Avon Foundation's 2006 Voice of Change award for exposing "injustice and wrongdoing against women and bringing The Message of domestic violence to the mainstream."
David Sloan is senior executive producer and Danielle Rossen is executive producer of "What Would You Do?"