Scoop: WHAT WOULD YOU DO? on ABC - Today, August 8, 2014
|Scoop: WHAT WOULD YOU DO? on ABC - Friday, August 19, 2016|
August 18, 2016
Friday, August 8 scenarios Include:
• It is one of the oldest carnival tricks in the book: a man will ask to guess your weight, height or age for a small fee. If he guesses wrong you get a prize, but if he guesses right he pockets the fee and you leave empty handed. But what if the game took it a bit too far and the "What Would You Do?" carnival worker did not just stop at guessing but actively tried to insult the contestants? Will bystanders stand up and say something?
• Kids being left in hot cars have made national headlines this summer. How will people react when they see/hear a crying baby left in a hot car? Will reactions be different if it is a mom or a dad who left the child alone?
• Will anyone shopping at an upscale clothing store come to the defense of an African American man wearing a hooded sweatshirt who is being scrutinized by a salesperson and a security guard simply because of the color of his skin and his attire? "Shark Tank" star and entrepreneur Daymond John plays the role of the hooded-sweatshirt-wearing man. (OAD: 5/23/14)
• We have all made a wish and thrown coins into a fountain. But what would you do if you saw someone taking money OUT of a Casino fountain in order to continue to gamble? Will anyone step in as the gambler fills their pockets with the coins they collect? (OAD: 6/28/13)
• A young man wearing an American flag t-shirt enters a deli and verbally harasses and threatens a Middle Eastern clerk because of his ethnic background. How will other patrons react? (OAD: 6/14/13)
"What Would You Do?" has won awards from the Chicago International Television Festival and the Avon Foundation's 2006 Voice of Change award for exposing "injustice and wrongdoing against women and bringing The Message of domestic violence to the mainstream."