Photo Flash: First Look - Nick Cannon Hosts Disney's CHRISTMAS DAY PARADE, 12/25
Deck the castles with boughs of holly, and tune in as Disneyland Resort in California and Walt Disney World Resort in Florida present the 28th annual "Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade" TV special, airing Sunday, December 25 (check local listings) on the ABC Television Network. Hosts of the telecast are Nick Cannon and Mario Lopez, with co-host Maria Menounos. Stars will shine and sparkle, as the Christmas Day parade telecast features four-time GRAMMY® Award-winning singer Christina Aguilera and headliner/teen sensation Justin Bieber. The star-studded spectacular spreads good tidings with bicoastal performances from Academy® Award-winning actress and multi-platinum singer Jennifer Hudson, singer/songwriter and producer Cee Lo Green, platinum-record rockers OneRepublic, "American Idol" Season 10 winner and country crooner Scotty McCreery, and the McClain Sisters, featuring "A.N.T. Farm" star China Ann McClain, among others.
Guests can visit disney.com/christmasparade to learn about the special telecast, including local broadcast times and talent updates.
The 28th Annual "Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade" airs Christmas Day on ABC at the following scheduled times:
* New York, Philadelphia, Chicago, Houston and Raleigh: 10:00 a.m. - Noon (please note: In these cities the special airs out of pattern for the time zone)
* Eastern Time Zone: Noon - 2:00 p.m.
* Central Time Zone: 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
* Mountain Time Zone: 10:00 a.m. - Noon
* Pacific Time Zone: 9:00 - 11:00 a.m.
* Hawaii Time: 7:00 - 9:00 a.m.
*Other airtimes may vary per city/time zone - please check local listings
Celebrate the Holidays with Today's Brightest Stars (talent subject to change)
The Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade features exciting appearances from soundsational stars and many favorite characters, bringing tidings of holly jolly joy to viewers.
* "The Voice" judge and award-winning singer Christina Aguilera performs "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" from Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa at Disneyland Resort.
* International singing sensation Justin Bieber leaves fans grinning ear to ear with a medley of performances from his new Christmas album. The medley includes "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town" and the album's title-track, "Mistletoe," and is performed on the Cinderella Castle stage at Magic Kingdom Park.
* Soulful singer/songwriter Cee Lo Green takes the stage to perform a holiday favorite, "This Christmas."
* Pop-rock hitmaking group OneRepublic performs on the Sleeping Beauty Castle stage at Disneyland Park, reminding guests to make the most of each memorable moment with the hit single "Good Life."
* "American Idol" Season 10 winner Scotty McCreery brings some country flavor to the show with his rendition of the classic tune, "A Holly Jolly Christmas."
* Disney Pearl Series recording artists Nathan Pacheco and Katherine Jenkins serenade the crowd with an awe-inspiring version of "O Holy Night," joined by Academy® Award winner Marlee Matlin and ABC Family's Katie Leclerc and Sean Berdy.
* Everyone's favorite balcony-sitting curmudgeons, Statler and Waldorf, from The Muppets will make a special appearance at the Magic Kingdom and offer their unique brand of commentary while perched high above Main Street, U.S.A. Kermit the Frog and Gonzo also will bring more Muppetational fun with a special appearance from Walt Disney World Resort.
* The McClain Sisters, featuring "A.N.T. Farm" star China Anne McClain, make it a family affair at Disneyland Resort, collaborating on "Jingle Bell Rock."
* The Never Land Pirate Band will be joined by characters from the Disney Junior hit show, Jake and the Never Land Pirates. The buccaneer band makes its parade debut with an original, pirate-themed holiday tune.
* Zendaya and Bella Thorne of the Disney Channel hit show, "Shake it Up," show fans how to jingle bell rock with a special high-energy dance performance down Main Street, U.S.A. in the Magic Kingdom.
* Direct from Broadway, Mary Poppins and Bert will make a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious holiday appearance during the telecast. The smash musical "Mary Poppins" just celebrated five years on Broadway and has enchanted more than 3 million guests at the New Amsterdam Theatre in New York City. The hit musical also is making its way across North America.
* Backed by a choir, Academy® Award and GRAMMY® Award-winning artist Jennifer Hudson brings the show to a celebratory close with a very merry holiday medley of "Joy to the World," "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing" and "Go Tell It on the Mountain." It is a homecoming of sorts for Hudson, as her own dreams of stardom began when she was a Disney performer aboard Disney Cruise Line in 2003. In January 2011 she was named the Honorary Fairy Godmother of the most recent Disney Cruise Line ship to set sail, the Disney Dream.
Dazzling Hosts from Coast-to-Coast
Television, radio and film personality Nick Cannon will host from Disneyland Resort in California, while actor, best-selling author and entertainment journalist Mario Lopez will host from Walt Disney World Resort in Florida. TV personality, journalist and bestselling author Maria Menounos will co-host from Walt Disney World. Travel expert and television personality Samantha Brown checks in as the show's travel correspondent, offering viewers a sleigh-full of Disney fun around the globe. Brown will provide a look at the new Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa in Hawai'i, Adventures by Disney vacations, what's new (and what's next!) at both Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort, and a preview of the newest Disney Cruise Line ship (currently under construction), the Disney Fantasy.