Click Here for Articles About THE ROYALS
Ovation to Premiere Six-Part Documentary THE ROYALS, 4/26
|Joan Collins to Make Her Return to TV on E!'s THE ROYALS|
August 15, 2014
|Casting Legend Marion Dougherty to Receive 2014 Governors Award at Creative Emmys|
July 31, 2014
|Photo Flash: NBC's GRIMM, CONSTANTINE Attend Comic Con 2014|
July 28, 2014
|E!'s UNTOLD WITH MARIA MENOUNOS to Premiere 7/17|
June 25, 2014
|Related: THE ROYALS, Ovation|
Ovation, America's only arts network, is launching a new documentary series called The Royals beginning April 26. In honor of William and Kate's wedding anniversary, the series takes viewers on a journey through all facets of British Royal life in all its grandeur, splendor and controversy. Produced by Back2Back Productions and distributed internationally by Content Media, The Royals premieres in the U.S. on Saturday, April 26 at 5:00 p.m. ET, only on Ovation.
The Royals takes viewers behind palace gates for an up-close and personal look at how the Royal Family has endured and flourished over the decades. From triumph to tragedy, the series follows the British Royal Family through births, childhoods, weddings, scandals and deaths, and all under the scrutiny of the global public eye. Spanning the period from Queen Elizabeth's coronation to the birth of Prince George of Cambridge, each episode will cover such topics as Prince Philip's strict upbringing, Diana's death in Paris, Queen Elizabeth's beloved Corgis and Harry's turbulent youth.
Airing over three days, viewers can watch The Royals in two multi-hour blocks on Friday, April 26 and Saturday, April 27, as well as during a 15-hour marathon in honor of William and Kate's wedding anniversary on Tuesday, April 29 from 7:00 a.m. ET to 10:00 p.m. ET.
"Between a Royal Wedding and a Royal Baby, the world has been gripped by Royal fever for many years," noted Ovation's SVP of Programming Scott Woodward. "Ovation delivers a captivating series tailor made for those obsessed with the Royal Family. What better time to air this revealing program than during William and Kate's third wedding anniversary."
· Royal Pets: From corgis to monkeys to horses and pigeons, this episode looks at the extraordinary relationship between British Royals and their animal friends. Premiering Friday, April 26 at 5:00 p.m. ET.
· Royal Funerals: Explore how honor and legacy are preserved in Royal funerals and the role tradition and custom have played in strengthening Britain in times of grief. Premiering Friday, April 26 at 6:00 p.m. ET.
· Royal Babies: Look back at the bizarre and magnificent world of Royal babies as the world welcomes the pitter-patter of tiny Royal feet. Premiering Saturday, April 27 at 5:00 p.m. ET.
· Young Royals: Discover how the lives of young Royals have changed radically from the strict upbringing of Prince Philip to the turbulent youth of Prince Harry. Premiering Saturday, April 27 at 6:00 p.m. ET.
· Royal Weddings: Review the incredible history of Royal weddings and explore what each historic union meant to the happy couple and to the nation. Premiering Tuesday, April 29 at 8:00 p.m. ET.
· Royal Scandals: Relive the scandals that shook the general public and the inner corridors of Buckingham Palace, and examine the relationship between the media and the monarchy. Premiering Tuesday, April 29 at 9:00 p.m. ET.
For more information, please visit www.ovationtv.com
Ovation is America's only arts network, whose mission is to inspire the world through all forms of art and artistic expression. Ovation programming is a one-of-a-kind mix of original and selectively curated art-centric series, documentaries, films and specials. Ovation's signature programming includes The Art Of, A Young Doctor's Notebook, and The Fashion Fund. Ovation reaches a national audience of over 50 million homes and is available on cable, satellite, and telco systems, such as Comcast Cable/Xfinity, DIRECTV, Time Warner Cable, DISH, Verizon FiOS, AT&T U-Verse, Charter, Bright House Networks, RCN, and Hawaiian Telcom. Ovation is also available on VOD (in both standard and high definition). Ovation's diversified viewer experiences extend across its linear network, the popular ovationtv.com, and active social presence on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and more. Ovation is a cause based-media company and is deeply engaged with the arts both nationally and locally, providing more than $15 million in contributions and in-kind support to community organizations, cultural institutions, and arts education programs. See the Ovation Facebook page for the latest information and conversations happening across the Ovation brand and the arts: www.facebook.com/OvationTV.