New Vuguru Series GREETINGS FROM HOME Now Live on AOL
Vuguru, an independent studio founded by Michael Eisner that develops and finances award winning scripted content for digital and international platforms, and AOL today announced the US premiere of GREETINGS FROM HOME, a family comedy series from BermanBraun. Debuting October 1st on 'AOL On Relationships' and 'AOL On Parenting', "Greetings From Home" is a humorous take on the chaos that ensues when a military dad has to raise two unruly teens while mom is deployed overseas. The 12-episode series is written by Bill Rosenthal, Bill Masters and Michael Davidoff, directed by JarEd Drake and executive produced by BermanBraun's Gail Berman and Lloyd Braun.
When career soldier Pete Griffin loses a leg in combat oversees, he is sent home to a desk job at the army base near his family's home. Simultaneously, Pete's wife Patty, an Army nurse, gets deployed to Afghanistan, leaving him to raise daredevil son Chris (17) and moody adolescent daughter Becky (15) by himself. Fortunately, helping Pete survive single fatherhood are his slacker brother-in-law, loopy grandmother Nana and the neighborhood army wives: Sue Meyers with OCD, Emma Mountcastle, a sassy pregnant intellectual, Roberta Sommer, an airhead trying to lose weight before her husband returns, and Missy Wentworth, an overly provacative teenage bride. Pete loves his family, but he realizes that raising teenage kids is more stressful than taking on enemy fire in combat.
Meet the Cast
· Pete Griffith (Dash Mihok, I Am Legend, The Day After Tomorrow, Ray Donovan) - A father and career soldier sent back to the States after losing his leg in combat
· Sue Meyers (Missi Pyle, The Artist, "Two and a Half Men", Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) - Ms. Perfect Army wife and neighbor of the Griffith's
· Nana (Estelle Harris, "Seinfeld", "Are You There, Chelsea?", "Fanboy and Chum Chum") - Patty Griffith's serial video-dating, wisecracking mother
· Becky Griffith (Evie Thompson, Shake it Up!, "Criminal Minds", "Zoey 101") - The 15-year-old former tomboy, moody, adolescent daughter of Pete and Patty Griffith
· Chris Griffith (Hudson Thames, Fright Night) - The 17-year-old charming and mischievous daredevil son of Pete and Patty Griffith
· Emma Mountcastle (Nicole Randall Johnson, "Weeds"," MADtv", "Prime Suspect") - A sassy intellectual and a neighborhood Army wife who got pregnant after her husband went overseas
· Roberta Sommer (Kristina Sexton, "Crossing Jordan", "Cold Case") - An airhead and a neighborhood Army wife who gained 50 pounds since her husband was away and wants to remove a kidney to help lose the weight
· Missy Wentworth (Cherilyn Wilson, "True Blood", "I Heart Vampires", "90210") - A provocative young bride and neighborhood Army wife
· Archie (Skyler Stone, "Bones", "Raising Hope") Pete's slacker brother-in-law who moved into a hammock on the lawn and never left
"Greetings from Home" comes on the heels of AOL and Vuguru's recent collaborations; the runaway hit comedy "Little Women Big Cars" and the romantic comedy "Fetching", both of which had millions of views in the first few weeks of their respective launches.
AOL Inc. (NYSE: AOL) is a brand company, committed to continuously innovating, growing, and investing in brands and experiences that inform, entertain, and connect the world. The home of a world-class collection of premium brands, AOL creates original content that engages audiences on a local and global scale. We help marketers connect with these audiences through effective and engaging digital advertising solutions.
BermanBraun is an independent media company with three divisions - television, feature film and digital - which create and exploit entertainment content and advertising solutions across all platforms throughout the world. The Santa Monica, CA based company, founded by principals Gail Berman and Lloyd Braun in 2007, has established strategic global alliances with a number of media companies throughout the industry, including NBC Universal Television, AOL, YouTube, Starcom Mediavest and Microsoft. BermanBraun's digital division has created and operates some of the most popular properties online.