NBC's TODAY Slashes Gap with GMA
NBC's TODAY continues to gain momentum posting across-the-board growth and slashing the ratings gap with GMA. For the week of May 5, TODAY slashed the total viewer gap with GMA by 11% and cut the A25-54 demo viewer gap by a giant 37%, week-over-week. These are the narrowest margins between the two shows in six weeks. TODAY also saw across-the-board growth versus last season, gaining more than 450k in total viewers. TODAY has now been the number-one morning program in A18-49 for 46 straight weeks, and is the only morning show to post growth in that demo versus the same week last year.
· TODAY narrowed both P2+ and A25-54 gaps versus GMA to best levels in last six weeks.
· TODAY narrowed the total viewer gap by 11% and cut the A25-54 demo viewer gap by 37%
· TODAY tied GMA in W25-54, the first time since 3/24/2014.
· TODAY was the only broadcast to see an increase in A25-54 demo viewers versus the 2Q'14 average (+1%).
· For the quarter, TODAY tied GMA in W25-54, while outperforming GMA in W/A18-49 rating.
· In A18-49, TODAY extended its winning streak to 46 consecutive weeks and 59 of the last 61 weeks
· TODAY averaged a 1.3 A18-49 rating, +8% (+1 tenth) more than GMA and +160% (+8 tenths) ahead of CBS
· TODAY is posting across-the board growth versus last season in total viewers (+10%, or +452,000), rating W/M/A18-49 (+14/+14%/+16%), and rating W/M/A25-54 (+9%/+10%/+10%)
· Versus the same week last year, TODAY is the only broadcast to see growth in the W/M/A18-49 demo.
Week of May 5
HH HH P2+ A25-54 Rtg Imps
Rtg Shr Imps
TODAY 3.6 13 4866 1.7 2011
CBS THIS MORNING 2.4 9 3205 0.8 955
GMA 4.1 15 5518 1.8 2103
NBC's TODAY is the news program that informs, entertains, inspires and sets the agenda each morning for Americans. Airing live from 7 am to 11 am ET, TODAY reaches more than 5 million people every day through its broadcast, and millions more through TODAY.com (http://media.ne.cision.com/l/qazwsenk/today.com/), the TODAY app, and social media platforms. Matt Lauer, Savannah Guthrie, Al Roker, Natalie Morales, Willie Geist, Tamron Hall, Carson Daly, Hoda Kotb, and Kathie Lee Gifford are the anchors and Don Nash is the executive producer.