NBC's TODAY Slashes Gap with GMA
NBC's TODAY continues to gain momentum posting across-the-board growth and slashing the ratings gap with GMA. For the week of April 28, TODAY posted its best total viewer, A25-54 and A18-49 deliveries in four weeks. TODAY delivered more week-to-week growth than GMA across-the-board, narrowing the margins in total viewers and A25-54. TODAY has now been the number-one morning program in A18-49 for 45 straight weeks.
Year-over-year, TODAY reduced the total viewer gap with GMA by a whopping 24%. Versus the same week last season, TODAY was up in total viewers (+8%, or +381k), rating A25-54 (+4%) and rating A18-49 (+8%).
· TODAY posted its best total viewer, A25-54, and A18-49 deliveries in four weeks
· TODAY saw higher week-to-week growth than GMA across-the-board and closed delivery gaps
· TODAY was up versus the prior week in total viewers (+5%, or +242,000), rating W/M/A18-49 (+6%/+14%/+8%), and rating M/A25-54 (+10%/+6%)
· TODAY narrowed the total viewer gap by 17% and cut the A25-54 demo viewer gap by 42%. Closest margins in last five weeks.
· In A18-49, TODAY extended its winning streak to 45 consecutive weeks and 58 of the last 60 weeks
· TODAY averaged a 1.3 A18-49 rating, +8% (+1 tenth) more than GMA and +160% (+8 tenths) ahead of CBS
· Versus the same week last season, TODAY posted growth in total viewers (+8%, or +381,000), rating W/M/A 18-49 (+6%/+14%/+8%), and rating M/A 25-54 (+6%/+4%)
· TODAY also reduced the total viewer gap by 24% year-over-year
· TODAY saw a +3% (+126,000) bump higher in total viewers compared its average during the first four weeks of 2Q'14
· Over the first four weeks of 2Q'14, TODAY's deliveries are up in total viewers (+1%, or +60,000) and rating M/A 18-49 (+13%/+8%) as well as among A25-54 viewers (+6,000)
· Season-to-date, TODAY ranks as the #1 morning news broadcast in rating women/men/adults 18-49 and men 25-54
· TODAY is posting across-the-board growth versus last season in total viewers (+10%, or +468,000), rating W/M/A 18-49 (+13%/+13%/+18%), and rating W/M/A25-54 (+10%/+9%/+13%)