NBC's TODAY SHOW Sweeps Key Demo This Week
For the week of November 19, "Today" won the week in the key demo A25-54 outperforming GMA by +29,000. "Today" posted a 1.7 in rating A25-54, placing first in that category for the fourth consecutive week. Compared to its 4Q'12/season-to-date average, "Today" posted gains in rating A25-54, rating W25-54, and rating W18-49. Below are the highlights for the week.
- In A25-54 (000), TODAY posted 2.0 million viewers topping GMA by 1% (+29,000) and outperforming CBS This Morning by +117% (+1,080,000).
- TODAY placed first in rating A25-54 (with a 1.7 rating) for the fourth consecutive week.
- TODAY topped CBS This Morning by +1,080,000 A25-54 (000) viewers, its first million-plus demo win over CBS in 10 weeks.
- In total viewers, TODAY led CBS This Morning by +75% (+2,016,000).
- In rating A25-54, TODAY led CBS This Morning by +113% (+9 tenths).
- TODAY grew in total viewers (+4%), rating A25-54 (+13%), rating W25-54 (+10%), rating W18-49 (+7%) versus its 4Q'12/season-to-date average.
TODAY II (9 a.m hour) and TODAY III (10 a.m. hour):
- TODAY II posted its best total viewer delivery since the week of April 2, 2012.
- On Friday November 23, TODAY II posted its best single-day delivery since the Opening Day of London Games (July 27, 2012).
- TODAY II topped CBS This Morning by double-digits in total viewers (+32%, or +848,000), W/A18-49 rating (+43%, +33%), and W/A 25-54 rating (+56%/+38%).
- Week-to-week, TODAY II posted growth in total viewers (+4%, or +126,000) and A25-54 rating (+10%).
- Versus 4Q'12-to-date levels, TODAY II increased across-the-board in total viewers (+14%, or +421,000), W/A18-49 rating (+11%, +14%), and W/A25-54 rating (+17%, +22%).
- TODAY III Beat CBS This Morning in W25-54 rating (+11%) and tied in W18-49 rating.
- Versus 4Q'12-to-date levels, TODAY III posted double-digit gains in total viewers (+11%, or +217,000), and W/A25-54 rating (+11%, +17%).
Jim Bell is the Executive Producer of "Today" (Mon. – Fri., 7am – 11am).