NBC's TODAY Posts Weekly Win
NBC's TODAY was the number one morning show in the key demo A25-54, winning the week of December 16, 2013. TODAY won in both total viewers and the key demo Wednesday, December 18, while GMA broadcast from Rome that day. This marks the first time TODAY has won the week in the demo in more than five months, since July 8, 2013, and the first time it has won a day outright since Wednesday, June 26, 2013.
TODAY posted its narrowest total viewer gap with GMA (just 337k) in nearly one year, since the week of December 31, 2012. Versus the same week last year, TODAY posted more total viewer and key demo growth than any of the other morning programs.
Season-to-date, TODAY has posted the largest year-to-year growth of the morning programs in the key demo A25-54. TODAY is also the outright number one morning news program in rating A18-49 and rating A25-54 (tied with GMA), for the season.
TODAY Highlights for the Week of December 16:
· TODAY was #1 in the key demo, A25-54 viewers (+18,000 over GMA) for the first time since the week of 7/8/2013
· TODAY saw 6 straight weeks of improved competitive positioning in the demo: TODAY narrowed the gap for 5 consecutive weeks and now secured the win
· TODAY tied GMA for #1 in rating A25-54 for the 3rd consecutive week
· TODAY posted its closest total viewer gap with GMA (337k) in almost a year (since the week of 12/31/2012)
· TODAY had its widest margin of victory over GMA in rating W18-49 (+2 tenths) since the week of 9/23/2013
· TODAY saw the biggest growth of the morning shows versus the same week last year in total viewers (+12%), rating W/M/A18-49 (+20%/+43%/+27%), and rating M/A25-54 (+30%/+12%)
· Season-to-date, TODAY has narrowed the demo gap with GMA by 42% (42,000 viewers)
· Season-to-date, TODAY is the outright #1 morning news program in rating A18-49 and tied for #1 in rating A25-54
· Versus the comparable season-to-date period last year, TODAY continues to see the largest year-to-year growth of the morning shows among A25-54 viewers (+13%) as well as rating W/M/A18-49 (+13%/+29%/+18%) and rating W25-54 (+14%)
Numerical Ratings for Week of December 16:
NET HH HH Pers 2+ RTG A25-54 A25-54 000s
NBC 3.8 13 5.235 1.8 2.214
CBS 2.3 8 3.048 0.9 1.119
ABC 4.2 15 5.572 1.8 2.196
Don Nash is the executive producer of TODAY (Monday - Friday, 7 a.m.).
More On: Rome.