NBC's TODAY Posts Ratings Gaines in Key Demos
NBC's TODAY continues to gain momentum and deliver substantial ratings growth. For the week of January 13, TODAY posted its biggest key demo A25-54 audience in one month, making it the only morning broadcast to deliver week-to-week gains.
TODAY continues to close the gap with GMA in both the key demo and total viewers, and also posted the biggest demo growth of the morning shows this year.
· TODAY narrowed demo viewer gap with GMA for 3rd consecutive week; TODAY also narrowed the total viewer margin (-670k) for 2nd week in a row
· TODAY was the only broadcast to generate growth among A25-54 viewers week-to-week; best delivery in 4 weeks
· TODAY was also only broadcast to post a P2+ gain (+4% vs -3% losses for ABC and CBS) versus first 2 weeks of 1Q'14 and saw biggest A25-54 viewer growth (+7% vs +1% for ABC and CBS)
· TODAY more than doubled CBS This Morning's A25-54 viewer delivery (+104% lead), biggest in 5 weeks
· TODAY widened its A18-49 rating lead over GMA to +2 tenths, biggest advantage in 4 weeks
Don Nash is the executive producer of TODAY (Monday-Friday, 7-11 a.m.).
More On: ABC, CBS.