NBC's TODAY Posts Largest Year-to-Year Growth in Key Demo
NBC's TODAY continues to gain momentum and deliver substantial ratings growth. For the sixth consecutive week, TODAY has posted the largest year-to-year growth of the morning programs in the key demo A25-54. For the week of October 14-18, TODAY posted its smallest demo gap with GMA, since the week of July 8. GMA declined in A25-54 viewers for the second straight week, hitting its lowest delivery in six weeks (since week of September 2).
TODAY has also closed the total viewer gap with GMA for the fourth straight week and posted the smallest gap in three months.
· TODAY trailed GMA by only -8,000 A25-54 viewers, its lowest demo gap since week of 7/8/2013 (last TODAY weekly demo win)
· TODAY won Thursday by +143,000 A25-54 viewers (+1 tenth), its biggest single-day demo win since 7/25/2013.
· For the week, TODAY inched up +2,000 A25-54 viewers from the prior week. GMA declined in A25-54 viewers for the second straight week, hitting its lowest delivery in six weeks (week of 9/2/2013)
· Over the first four weeks of the season, TODAY has closed the demo gap with GMA by 76% (151,000) year-to-year
· Calendar year-to-date, TODAY has been #1 in Adults 25-54 ratings during 17 of 42 weeks (including 19 ties)
· TODAY narrowed P2+ gap for 4th week in a row, had smallest deficit in almost three months (since week of 7/22/2013)
· Season-to-date, trails GMA by -48,000 A25-54 viewers Versus a -199,000 deficit during the same period last year
· TODAY showed the biggest growth Versus the same week last year in key demos:
· +10% (+117k) in A25-54, Versus a -2% (-32k) gain for GMA
· +21%/+9% in rating W/A18-49, Versus a +0%/-8% loss for GMA
· +15%/+7% in rating W/A25-54, Versus a +5%/+0% gain for GMA
Don Nash is the executive producer of TODAY (Monday-Friday, 7-11 a.m.).